Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G8 declares goal of cuttting GHG by 50% by 2050

dicsuss
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

could happen... if China reduces their emissions by 5% and the US by 1% that would probably be enough
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Sniff Smells like bull**** to me.

Comment

I thought there wasn't any goal they declared, rather that they would "consider" Markel's aim of a 50% reduction.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Re: G8 declares goal of cuttting GHG by 50% by 2050

Originally posted by lord of the mark
          dicsuss
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I dunno. Contrary to all other polytubbies, I'm no expert on the matter
            Blah

Comment

Re: Re: G8 declares goal of cuttting GHG by 50% by 2050

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

ZOMG! the Fizzocist found a typo. Congrats!
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                I thought there wasn't any goal they declared, rather that they would "consider" Markel's aim of a 50% reduction.
                Its not clear to me. The non EU powers (in particular the US) did not commit to a 50% reduction, yet I see references to "agreement"

Comment

That's Georgy for ya... you think you agreed, but you didn't. Either that or George thinks GHG is a date rape drug.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: G8 declares goal of cuttting GHG by 50% by 2050

dicsuss
                    This is garbage. Politicians love to make major goals that don't require anything of them yet massive changes by their successors some time in the distant future. That way they can claim to be "a man of vision" while actually doing nothing at all. Then when it doesn't happen, if the politician is even still alive in 2050, he can blame how nothing ever happened all on how his successors screwed things up. It's classic do nothing politics.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      It's classic do nothing politics.
                      QFT

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

This is garbage. Politicians love to make major goals that don't require anything of them yet massive changes by their successors some time in the distant future. That way they can claim to be "a man of vision" while actually doing nothing at all. Then when it doesn't happen, if the politician is even still alive in 2050, he can blame how nothing ever happened all on how his successors screwed things up. It's classic do nothing politics.

Considering that not so long ago the current admin was denying that human created warming was even real (pardon, that more research was needed to establish that) let alone accepting that cutting GHG emissions AT ALL was good public policy, this is a huge jump, A. accepting the notion of a target reduction and B. agreeing that 50% is a reasonable enough figure to be worth considering.

The current admin is a very lame duck. This sets things up for the next admin, which can (if its interested) position what it does as only an incremental change on what Bush has promised.

Comment

Well, that was one hell of a typo.

And I know typos
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: G8 declares goal of cuttting GHG by 50% by 2050

Nice oversensitivity. I was reacting to the G8's declaration, not your ****ty typing.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: G8 declares goal of cuttting GHG by 50% by 2050

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Nice oversensitivity. I was reacting to the G8's declaration, not your ****ty typing.

Comment

Working...
                              X