Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While this is a cool idea in general....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli
    That guy in the photo doesn't look like a guy at all. More like a big doll.
    ...a RealDoll? (salon.com)
    B♭3

Comment

In the alternative, they could make robotic soldiers.

Comment

Seriously though, if someone has been shot in the stomach for example. How comfortable/healthy will it be to be held in that position, why not have it use a platform instead of cute arms and a freaky face, also it can shoot a needle of morphine from its mouth.
        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Once the doctorbot picks someone up, it looks like it would be very top heavy. An up-or-downhill grade should send it tumbling.

Comment

i believe that this is the stupidest idea i have heard of in a long time
            pieceâ„¢
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

And how the hell is anyone supposed to earn MoHs or VCs if they can't run out into enemy fire to save comrades?

Robot glory hogs
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                If I am wounded in a place so hairy that they have to send a robot to get me, the thing better look like the damn Terminator with .50 cals.

Or at least let it wrap me in an armored shield so I am not quite so much sniper fodder as it lifts me six feet into the air and moves me through no mans land at 3mph.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Maybe we aren't looking at the big picture. Someone will eventually build robot warriors that these robot medics will attend to. And then the robot armies will turn on humans!
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The trackbase isn't wide enough to carry over rough terrain. If it were on a slope side-to-side it would tip over.

I'd rather have an ATV with a stretcher in it with a robotic driver.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I think the money would be better spent on an insurgent-flusher-outer 'bot. Shape it like a pig on wheels, fill it up with pig blood donated by patriotic villagers, and let 'er rip. Next time the jihadis take Fallujah or wherever, Porkybot fires up its jets and charges into the stronghold. Once it gets past the gates, it starts indiscriminately spritzing the surrounding area while playing a recording that says: "A gift from the infidels! No paradise for you! A gift from the infidels! No paradise for you!" over and over, in Arabic.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Comment

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Blah

Comment

Working...
                            X