Save the Wales!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save the Wales!

The evil Japanese threaten to invade. Where is the NZ navy?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

copycat
      Blah

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Blah

Comment

<-----
            [Zkribbler proudly flies the flag of Wales]

Comment

LC, what's the opinion of teh Swedish people on this:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                LC, what's the opinion of teh Swedish people on this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6722393.stm
                Well, I only read of it in the newspaper today, so I've not seen much in the way of popular reaction. I'd guess most people are happy about it, if they care at all.

The press analysis I've seen describe the ruling as a further step in the inexorable dismantling of the Swedish social alcohol policy. They're likely right - the judges' arguments would apply with equal force to physical stores, and it seems likely the EU will eventuall act on that logic.

A catch is that according to another EU court ruling, Swedish alcohol taxes still have to be paid, so the savings from buying online may be slim indeed if the tax office succeeds in enforcing that.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  <-----
                  [Zkribbler proudly flies the flag of Wales]
                  Good. You nad MOBIUS. Any other Welsh? I don't think so.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm not Welsh. I'm flying the Welch flag in protest of Apolyton's lack of any Taiwanese flag. No, I'm not Taiwanese either.

I know it doesn't make sense, but that shouldn't be surprising. I'm from California.

Comment

It should have been so obvious.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The Swedish Government says it is trying to prevent people from importing alcohol bought in other EU countries to protect public health!

More like they want to protect the Swedish booze monopoly and the high taxes people are forced to pay. If people could mail order wine, beer, and spirits from other states then the Swedish government would *GASP* actually find a new way to fleece their citizens.

Here's to the EU for putting a stop to this abuse.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X