Help me quit smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me quit smoking

Yeah it's a stupid thing to do. It's bad for health, it smells bad, it costs a lot of money. No benefits. I think the most difficult thing for me in it is that my friends smoke. So there's lots of social situations, where smoking occurs. But I think I could finally grab myself and kick the habit.

But I figure if I should quit, why not get paid as well?

I think every active poster in here should donate 1 dollar to my paypal account (don't have one yet).

Then spread the word and make other people donate 1 dollar as well. Or 1 euro. So what do you get out of it? Nothing. But I do, I save money, make money and lead a healthier life. I think it's a good idea.

I should set up a website so people can give me money. After few hundred grands, I could say it was the best decision I ever made.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Get one of these - when you feel like lighting a cigarette, do a play of russian roulette - if you win, you are allowed to smoke the cigarette.
    Attached Files
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Good luck Pekka... i quit smoking over 2 years ago...

the way i did it was this: i was literally broke and after rent i could not afford to buy any cigarettes. well at the time i was living with a chain smoker, and because i never ask for ANY handouts, i never bummed a smoke off of him and he never offered me one. So i was basically screwed until my next check. well since i had no access to any cigarettes i literally suffered until i got paid again. and when i had that money, i simply did not buy any more cigarettes. since that time i have saved a TON of money that i would have spend otherwise, i dont constantly stink like cigarettes, i am healthier, and i am not constantly driven by the need to smoke.

i know i was broke at the time, but living with a chain-smoker and trying to quit was very difficult, but i managed to do it. you have my full support Pekka...
      pieceâ„¢
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Start playing 5-a-side football regularly. If you survive your first game without dropping dead, you'll have a great incentive to reduce and quit.

Comment

I don't like the Russian roulette idea. I prefer getting money.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I've given up smoking. This means that for every day in which I've given up and you haven't, I am both better than you and have a larger penis.

Can you live with that? Huh? Huh? Can you? Look at the girth. YOU'RE WEAK, DAMN YOU! WEAK!

I can post stuff like this every day to help motivate you.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

girth? Now there's a reason for not giving up. Girths (waist, not penis) frequently inflate when giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                I don't like the Russian roulette idea. I prefer getting money.
                I am prepared to give money, even to a diabolic Finn, for giving up smoking if I know precisely your motivation, that is the amount that you need to give up. Tell us :" I swear to give up smoking as soon as I have received 1 million $ (or 1 billion, or whatever).
                Statistical anomaly.
                The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I quit over 7 years ago and never looked back. Quit cold turkey, so did I. You surely aren't some weak-willed pansy, are you?

Concerning your paypal account, I have another proposal. For every cigarette you smoke after you declared you're quitting, you oblige yourself to pay 1 Euro to every active poster who gave you his paypal account number.

It's much stronger an incentive than what you proposed, and doesn't reek like scam either.

Comment

Sir Ralph, heh, that would be better if I had to pay

I'll go cold turkey as well. That fits me and my personality, cold turkey and never look back.

But it's not a scam. If I tell you to give me money and you do, you know, where's the scam? I promise to give you nothing back, in fact I guarantee it. Sounds fair and honest to me.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Has smoking ruined your teeth?
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

No.

But thanks for asking.
                        In da butt.

Comment

you for quitting

Comment

Re: Help me quit smoking

No. The sooner You're gone the better

Good luck

I have an idea for a therapy for You: You send me all your money, thus have no money for cigarettes, With no money, You turn into dirty, smelly homeless guy, thus people do not give You a cigarette when You ask for it...
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

DUde, you know the homeless guys, the smokes is all they have. And it's them sucky cigarettes as well, where they just pick up some from the ground that was already finished.. YUk!
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X