No announcement yet.

Installing Vista is fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get linux and have vista as a secondary boot option.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
      Get linux and have vista as a secondary boot option.
      Didn't you read what he wrote?
      There are no secondary options with Vista. It will hunt down and kill every other OS (including its cousins!) it can reach on its hard disk, then it will scrounge other connected hard disks and after that who knows

Comment

Sounds like a very dominant animal
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Yup, there is a secondary option - don't install vista
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No no, I mean I don't think there's a problem having other OSs with Vista, but ... I just didn't get the option to have an advanced installation, it just kind of pounded its way in once I was commited installing it.

I mean, it's not a problem if you're just going with Vista. It's a problem if you have other disks with other OSs, and you're not careful.

Then again, if you have rescue disks adn whatnot, shouldn't be a problem. It's not like you lose data, the disks are accesible and everything, just fine.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, are you saying that you do backups ? I thought you were a tough guy

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I havent installed vista yet but trying to link my kids notebooks with my lan has been very similar to Pekka's experience. Personally, I'm not impressed. I have to wonder what less experienced people would have to pay to fix what should be automatic by this time.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

i am thoroughly enjoying this thread! thank you, Pekka!

pieceâ„¢
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

SpencerH, well, I do think the only real problem is the lack of support so far.

People shouldn't buy new OSs when they come out anyway, I mean people with no experience of computers.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

And I'm glad everyone was like OOoh this Vista sucks so bad, it's horrible, it's nothing but a little modified GUI on top of XP etc.

I disagree. Granted, I don't have the experience I need to really say anything, but so far I'm positively surprised. Reading everyone's articles and posts, I would have thought this was really horrible. OK, I don't know how that has been the trend, I mean I guess most of these people never even tried Vista.
                      In da butt.

Comment

I wasn't overly taken by Vista, and it just seemed to slow my computer down with no real benefit...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't know if it's the new monitor or the new OS, but Pekka's posts seem to have less drivel now than earlier
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                            I don't know if it's the new monitor or the new OS, but Pekka's posts seem to have less drivel now than earlier

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                            X