Google translate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google translate

I decided to go ahead and try the google translate to Russian feature.

So I pointed it to the OT, and it's a blast. Very funny translations.

Pirates of the Carribbean: At World's End --> Pirates of the Carribbean Swimming-Pool : In the World of Finite.

Where's this feature?
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Have you not figured out Google's naming convention yet?

I'm going to guess translate.google.com
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        I'm just really lazy
        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I'm going to guess translate.google.com
          Annoyingly it's not. It's http://www.google.com/language_tools.

edit: apprently they've got a redirect now from translate.google.com, but they didn't used to.

Comment

I've read recently of a really cool feature they're planing. You enter a phrase, google translates it to english and other languages, searches the databases, then takes what it finds and delivers it back to you translated to the language you entered your phrase in. Fully automatic

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Annoyingly it's not. It's http://www.google.com/language_tools.

edit: apprently they've got a redirect now from translate.google.com, but they didn't used to.
              Apparently they've changed that too, since you wrote that edit:

Writing "tanslate.google.com" on the address bar takes me to: http://translate.google.com/translate_t

And the link you gave, http://www.google.com/language_tools takes me to a generic page where I can select the language I want to use Google with.
              Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

¡Hola a la buena gente de Apolyton! Pasaré las horas próximas que empujan lentamente una cuchara encima de mi anus en la memoria de la brigada internacional glorious.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  I've read recently of a really cool feature they're planing. You enter a phrase, google translates it to english and other languages, searches the databases, then takes what it finds and delivers it back to you translated to the language you entered your phrase in. Fully automatic
                  I just copy pasted what you wrote there to the translator, translated it to German, and then back to English... let's see the result:

I read recently from a really cool characteristic, which they plane. You register a cliche, translate google her to English and to other languages, look for the data bases, take then, which translated it it back to you to the language finds and supplies, which you registered your fully automatic cliche inch

I bet that that feature's going to be a source of hilarity. I can't wait to start registering cliches.
                  Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

I bet that this quality which will be a source of the laughter. I cannot wait to start to record of Klischeen
                    MightyTiny, via German and French.

Comment

Maybe I should start speaking like that.

Comment

This is (apparently) what "Evil, evil Finland" reads like if you're German-

It cannot have escaped nobody message that the net with Finns creeps. Although its total population is small laughably, at any given time around 60% of people on-line everywhere fail, to be Finnish. Even if you look for protection on the forums, which are inaugurated completely old Mongolian skin objections, at something point represent a Janni or a Tommi or a Aaasol above and are irritatingly chirpy. Darkly, not truely? Fortunately my army of the cord researchers in the case is and is now ready, the TRUTH over bad to uncover bad Finland. Here we go….

1 - The winter war. What happened hell there? As Joe Stalins ran T-34, which into central Europe armed forces and the weapon SS were cried like girls were rolled and away. However everything, which took it, was united dozen sank from the small aids, snowballs lobbing is and by Russkis filled up out in Finland. What really happened? Is the truth, which is too terrible to uncover.

2 - Linux. Coding of source of opening meant that the entire structure of western capitalism under threat was. Fortunately was everything, which happened that some ubergeeks dozen immediate and experienced uncontrollable high point, while the remainder of the world yawned and loaded to Windows up. Attempt strongly, bad Finns.

3 - Anyway I that Linus Torsvald smell of the chisels heard.

4 - When do Tolkien wish to cause people its in an inhuman way, pointed eared and as camps as Butlins, language it create it for speech on? Yup estimated you it.

5 - Mobile telephones. Extremely prevail by those skulking trolls between Sweden and Russia. Their telephones receive smaller daily of ideal for those spindly elven to fingers, but condemning the remainder from humanity to wireless communication serfdom. Do you think with him away keep?

6 - It is a manufactured fact that, if you liked to be a large distance runner you must come from a hot country. So where do Paavo Nurmi come and do leave viruses in here? I can now uncover that you filled „training “regime from them raw Paprikas eating up their beatniks and credit of the verhungernden sets of the wild dogs existed, which are on them unleashed. It won it loads of the gold medals, but at which costs, Finland? At which costs?

7 - The collection driving is controlled totally by Finns. This is to be let run, because of Finland refers national sport to use strong four-wheel drive cars in order over moose. The recording is held by Hannu Mikkola, which successfully ran over 24 inside 2 minutes. It would have more, but its wheels kept accumulated by points tear away of antlers and the leg.

8 - Norway is for it is famous fjords. These are formed by Finns, those to creep over here at night and to points of the coastal line steal and take it back to Finland, in order to form small hills. With the current rate of the theft, by 2500 ANNOUNCEMENT Norway broadly its only 200 meter.

9 - A view at a diagram of Finland take. Continue, a view take. Absolutely millions lakes. That can be not quite.

10 - It believed that the emphasis of lakes lies in Finland at them stealing from other countries of Finns, together with their partners in the sea-crime, Canada.

11 - Anyway which you receive in the lakes? Abandoned one purchase trolleys, spindly things with the chewing of the opening parts and bodies. It above add.

12 - Santa Claus. Finland is as the house of Santa Claus since that 20. Century hailed. During this time play goods of the children indicated rising levels of the dead spiders, the razor-blades and the grain.

13 - Finland of national plate be a a Elchskrotum, which roast in the strike paste.

14 - The last Suomithreadi contained detailed instructions in, like one house-brewed Rohypnol, as well as a swearing to for summoning together Satan forms.

15 - Finns tighten shark fish. I do not have illustrations to support to this above.

16 - Derby county FC. The reason for Georgi Kinkladzes new bad form is that, into their last same agaist Liverpool, it to death with its own leg one struck, while the back of the adviser was turned. The accused was Sami Hyppia. A Finn.

17 - Where is ottok? What did you do with him?

18 - If Finns were all world put end to the end, they would cause a really bad back-up.

It appears that the German word for "twigs" is the same as the word for "grain". I ain't eating their muesli.

Comment

It translated "bumholes" as "Beatniks"! Brilliant!

Comment

One way translation seems to work more or less OK. Only a doofus would seriously consider feasibility of a two-way translation.

Comment

4 - When do Tolkien wish to cause people its in an inhuman way, pointed eared and as camps as Butlins, language it create it for speech on? Yup estimated you it.
                              Is it just me or does the last sentence in that sound like...

?

Comment

Working...
                              X