Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Pakis desecrate Sikh boy

Originally posted by Perfection
    I don't care how peaceful a religion is or isn't dumbass teens will be dumbass teens.
    It appears that Muslim dumbass teens will apparently be dumbass in a very very Muslim way.

Comment

Or why a mod has yet to change the thread title?

Why would the mods change it? "Paki" isn't offensive in America and no one cares what you Brits think...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I don't see this as any different from me and my friends forcibly putting down popped collars, thereby desecrating helpless teens.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

How is that a Muslim way?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

It's a perfectly cromulent word in India, used to refer to a Pakistani. No slur.
            You're not speaking to a majority-Indian audience though.

...I just got the surreal image of aneeshm walking down a rough Western neighbourhood having "paki" shouted at him by yobs and thinking everything's grand and dandy.
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Pakis desecrate Sikh boy

Originally posted by aneeshm
              It appears that Muslim dumbass teens will apparently be dumbass in a very very Muslim way.
              I don't see how being dicks to people of different ethnicities is a particularly muslim thing.

Here's the real thing though Aneeshm, if you want to portray Muslims as being jerks don't pick obnoxious teens as your example, because that's just plain stupid. How about you deal with the much more impressive things like thier draconian laws.

Though really, you shouldn't be too hard on them because as far as I can tell all religions (including Hinduism) basicly had completely crappy mean-spirited evil nasty beliefs. It's just taking Muslims longer to supress them enough to interact sucessfully with sane people (people who don't believe in relgious BS).
              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Pakis desecrate Sikh boy

Oooh, two for the price of one!
                APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

You're not speaking to a majority-Indian audience though.

Again, nobody thinks "Paki" is offensive except Brits, and Brits don't matter anymore. Deal with it.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Bull****...
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Anti-Sikh activity in perspective:

16 August 2005

India:

Victims of anti-Sikh riots face further delays

Amnesty International urges the Government of India to fulfil its promises to hold to account with speed and earnest commitment any individual, including police or government officials, found responsible for human rights violations during the violence against Sikhs in Delhi in 1984. The organisation is concerned about further delays in the pursuit of justice for these victims and continuing impunity for its perpetrators.

Twenty-one years after the violence against Sikhs in 1984, virtually no one has been held to account. Eight inquiry commissions concerning the anti-Sikh riots have preceded the Nanavati Commission, but victims have yet to see justice.

A similar pattern of delays to justice and impunity for perpetrators exists for other large scale incidents of human rights violations in the country.

During the period of militancy in the state of Punjab - mid 1980s to mid 1990s - Amnesty International received reports of torture, deaths in custody, extrajudicial executions and ~{!.~}disappearances~{!/~}. While there have been a small number of prosecutions and despite the recommendations of specially established judicial inquiries and commissions, impunity has prevailed in many cases. Amnesty International calls for an end to impunity in these cases.

The death toll in 1984's riots was about 3 000 Sikhs.

Details of pre-mortem haircuts were not available.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                        Or why a mod has yet to change the thread title?
                        Because it was posted at 6am.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                          Pakis. In the UK and Canada at least, its consiedered offensive to refer to someone of South Asian origin by it.
                          Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          In the eyes of people who use that word, aneeshm is as much a paki as are the boys who cut the hair. And so is the Sikh kid for that matter...
                          No, in the eyes of some people who use that word it means anyone from the sub continent. I do wonder whether it's one of those words that, while unacceptable to use to describe someone from the sub continent, is a perfectly legitimate shortening of the word to describe someone from Pakistan. I mean, it is just Pakistani with 5 letters chopped of the end.

I changed the title as it has seemed to offend some people, but I tend to think shortening any name is perfectly acceptable.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

shoulder level hair
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                              No, in the eyes of some people who use that word it means anyone from the sub continent. I do wonder whether it's one of those words that, while unacceptable to use to describe someone from the sub continent, is a perfectly legitimate shortening of the word to describe someone from Pakistan. I mean, it is just Pakistani with 5 letters chopped of the end.

I changed the title as it has seemed to offend some people, but I tend to think shortening any name is perfectly acceptable.

So you'd be happy to see the initial "S" and the trailing "horpe" removed to give an acceptable name for people from S****horpe?
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                                Anti-Sikh activity in perspective:

The death toll in 1984's riots was about 3 000 Sikhs.

Details of pre-mortem haircuts were not available.
                                That was a bad time for Sikhs. Indira Gandhi did them immense harm.

Indira Gandhi had built up Bhindranwale as a counter to the Akalis, but he got out of hand, and started a campaign of terrorism and separatism. She was then forced to storm the Golden Temple.

The 1984 riots were engineered by the supporters of the Congress, and party cadre. I've come across accounts of Congress party supporters systematically gathering into mobs and invading Sikh localities, and perpetrating what can only be termed as attempted genocide. The RSS and the pariwar were, of course, on the side of the Sikhs, and helped them. Even Khushwant Singh, the notorious Sangh-baiter, acknowledges that the RSS had helped to protect Sikhs from Congress rioters.

As for the data relating to the period of separatist terrorism: it was a Sikh who was in charge of the police force at that time. During his predecessors' time, the force had become demoralised, and afraid to the thugs of Bhindranwale. He gave them powers to do as they wished, anything to break the power of Bhindranwale's thugs. Once the state had been cleansed of separatists, the army was called in to storm the Golden Temple, which Bhindranwale had fortified into a proper fortress and position. The guy in charge of that operation was also a Sikh, BTW. A number of Sikhs took part even in the first wave of attackers, who knew for certain they were going to die. Nobody backed out, even though they were asked if they wanted to (as it was a matter of their faith).

Comment

Working...
                                X