No announcement yet.

So anyone use ICQ anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you going to do, beat it with a frozen waffle?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
      Basically it's German Texas beer. http://www.shiner.com/

I brought it to all the parties I went to in Virginia and it was always a hit.
      The world was never closer to a German Texas than in 1917.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Come to Dallas and I'll show you the best barbeque, including hot as hell garlic sausage.
        I know you need some, Sloww... but trying to entice people by asking them to suck on your hot as hell garlic sausage by trickeration is even too low for you
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh, and to the OP... no.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

ICQ is still the only IM that I use.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Everybody I know still uses ICQ. Not with the stupid ICQ client of course.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

I used to use it like 3-4 years ago but I haven't for years. MSN and Google talk are all I use and rarely even them.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i started using ICQ when i was 12, but some creepy old guy named Randy kept talking to me and i couldn't figure out how to block people
                    then i didn't go on for a few years. now i got a new one cuz idr my old one and i check every frew months. none of my friends use it soi hardly ever go on.

Comment

ICQ was the first IM I used.. then again, I've been hanging around on IRC since,.... 1995? Yeah. So basically ICQ wasn't that big of a deal, why would I do it when I'd get to chat with multiple people, with no delay at all, plus private chats, all that stuff. It just wasnt' as pretty as ICQ, but features back then won the cute little interface and rightly so.

Then later on tried few of those IMs but never really liked them. But I do have GTalk, I like it. It's the only IM I have and that's the way it'll be. I never understood the idea of having 5 different IMs because people would refuse to use some of them. Not really a problem to me, most of my buddies are on our IRC channel and occasional friends also use GTalk so, that's sufficient.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I generally miss the 3 to 6 people chats on ICQ where you all could just see each others' text as they type.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I use MSN, or Windows Live if you prefer, exclusively. Two of my friends tried to make everyone change to GTalk a while back, but we were stuborn, and MSN it still is.

I hear that in the US, the Yahoo Messanger is big. I used to use it, but I never found many friends using it.

A lot of my friends are abandoning MSN just for Facebook wall posts now though. It suits them for how often they are online.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

yahoo

Comment

Working...
                            X