I'll take broken ankle for $300 Alex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take broken ankle for $300 Alex

Christen me Klutz of the year!!!!! My grandaughter ran out into the street so like a good grandma I go chasing after her. And as any of you who have or had children in the age of 18 months when you run after them they think your playing chase It's play time to her and a heartattack for me as she runs in the middle of the street around a blind corner. I run my big fat a$$ over to her and scoop her up and as we are walking back I didn't see that the ground was unlevel and my foot hit and then snap and pain and the next thing I knew was she and I going down.

I shifted her as not to fall full force on her but her head still hit the street. I felt so bad Luckily she only had a huge goose egg, got her checked out at the hospital and then moved on to me. Apparently my legiment didn't tear down the middle like it's supposed to but the tear occured towards the end pulling bone off my ankle.

See I can't even break and ankle right So here I sit in a walking boot up to my knee finally ablt to get on the internet. Forgot to mention that we've been without cable or internet for the whole week and a half that I've down with this while switching services. It's been lovely let me tell you
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

cool. I mean bad. but you get to have people sign your cast. .

I remember when I was a kid, I thought I wasn't cool because I never broke any bones. All the cool kids had broken bones.

Comment

Ouch. Comiserations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        All the cool kids had broken bones.
        that must be what I did wrong. Does slicing off the top of your finger with a penknife count?

Comment

Gross.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So nobody died, got divorced, arrested, evicted or went bankrupt this time? No life-threatening surgeries or wild animals attacking? Not a single asteroid hit within sight!

A sprained ankle, hum.

Comment

I wish you a speedy recovery, Tia!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                So nobody died, got divorced, arrested, evicted or went bankrupt this time? No life-threatening surgeries or wild animals attacking? Not a single asteroid hit within sight!

A sprained ankle, hum.
                You apparently missed the street action

Good catch but lousy retreat
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                X