• Show
Clear All

• Map reading

United Press International®
    News. Analysis. Insight.â„¢
    Consumer Health Daily - Briefing
    Published: May 24, 2007 at 9:20 AM
    Sexual orientation affects some tasks
    WARWICK, England, May 24 (UPI) -- British researchers from the University of Warwick have found that sexual orientation affects performance in mental tasks, such as navigating with a map.

The researchers worked with the BBC to collect data from more than 198,000 people ages 20 to 65 years -- 109,612 men and 88,509 women.

Men outperformed women on tests such as mentally rotating objects that would be used in real life to navigate with a map.

The study found that women outperformed men in verbal dexterity tests and remembering the locations of objects, according to the study published in Archives of Sexual Behaviour.

However, for a number of tasks the researchers found key differences across the range of sexual orientations studied.

For instance, in mental rotation -- a task where men usually perform better -- they found the best performance to worst was: heterosexual men, bisexual men, homosexual men, homosexual women, bisexual women and heterosexual women.
    In related news, "Psychological bullying also hits hard" is linked on the sidebar.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

blah...wrong forum

Well, this is embarrassing but it's not like I was actually personally attacking (bullying) him anyway
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
    X