Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Want, and/or Do You Have, Your Fingerprints On File At Liquor Stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Want, and/or Do You Have, Your Fingerprints On File At Liquor Stores?

I've never heard of this until now. It was just on the news, and said several states already do it?
    I don't want that crap. Even if they couldn't tell, I'd rather show my driver's license.
    What do you think? What's your experience?
    We don't have it, and I don't want it.
    86.67%
    We don't have it, but I wouldn't care.
    6.67%
    We have it, and I don't like it.
    0.00%
    We have it, and I don't really care.
    0.00%
    We only have it for bananas, and as long as I get my bananas, I don't care.
    6.67%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

I Don't want my fingerprints on file with the state.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      I Don't want my fingerprints on file with the state.

JM
      Yeah, I mean simply because we are slowly sliding into police state-ism doesn't mean we have to give them more help!

My drivers' license should be good enough for you. If people fake them, make a better license.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

For liquor sales. Screw that.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The guy who runs the liquor store down the street would go out of business if I stopped shopping there, so I'm sure he'd bend the rules for me.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

If the liquor store wants to do it, fine! Good for the liquor store! If the government makes the liquor store do it then, it's time to grab the pitchfork.
            APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

We shouldn't give the government or anyone in the government the capability to track our liquor purchases. The state should have no interest in knowing. And as for fake IDs, I agree with Imran: make better licenses. Its what they did to physical money.
              "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Absolutely not.I woudln't want to give my prints to anyone, period, let alone some liquor store... just have to buy from somewhere else then.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Feds already have my finger prints.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yeah, I mean simply because we are slowly sliding into police state-ism doesn't mean we have to give them more help!

My drivers' license should be good enough for you. If people fake them, make a better license.
                    Oh course, thanks to a measure passed by Congress a couple of years back, your drivers license will soon require your fingerprints, and the prints will become part of a federal database.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

It would be nice if fingerprints could act as a replacement for the card. Like when you go to Blockbuster, get done finding your movies etc., get through the line only to realize you left the card at home.

However, prints in conjunction with an ID card is total b.s. Fake IDs aren't as easy to come by now as they have been in the past, and it really isn't a problem.

Btw, What happens when a quad amputee wants to get sloshed?
                      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                        It would be nice if fingerprints could act as a replacement for the card. Like when you go to Blockbuster, get done finding your movies etc., get through the line only to realize you left the card at home.
                        The problem with this is that the scanned prints have to match and little things can throw them off. Cut your finger? Got a wart? Worked with Superglue yesterday? No booze for you!

This problem has reached hilarious proportions at the condo where a friend of my daughter lives. Singapore being an Asian high-tech heaven, the condo decided to implement a fingerscan system for access to the elevators. The problem is that the condo has a pool. Outside. On the ground floor. So people go swimming for a while, their hands get all prune-y, and they find themselves trapped outside in their swimwear.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Yeah I don't mean that it should be something to rely on, but it would be an available option to help speed things up a little.
                          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

if any store asked me to provide my fingerprints, then they would find me taking my business elsewhere.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

cockey, exactly. I will not trade privacy or the potential of the technology to convinience. Credit cards and IDs are convinient enough.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X