Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pumped up!

Yes, it's true.

I don't know why. All I see is future is pretty vague these days. I don't know if I'm still studying for the long haul or just going to graduate in fall and find a job. But this does not depress me. In fact, I'm excited. You know, I have a lot of life ahead. Things to see, books to read, women to squeeze, foods to eat... I told my mom I'll move to SoCal when I'm done in here. I guess that's like a... that's like making it official. Now people know about it. I'm excited, man, all that sun, all that light.. no darkness... things happening... just doesn't get any better than that. Oh and I can go swimming there too. I like swimming, but in here, you have to go to a swimming hall, and those places always look like some weird mental institutions.

Ohh I can already see it... me, walking around in shorts and a t-shirt, the wind is blowing a bit but it's warm. You know, this is vacation for me, this equals vacation. To live in it? I could get used to it. I'd rather get used to it than take another darkness train in here. All that energy, I'll find a good gym, I'm going to do great professionally, maybe meet a nice girl even, when I have enough money, then we'll move next to the beach and live happily ever after.

Sounds like a plan. You know and not some dime in a dozen chick either. Beautiful, smart, laid back... interested in the weird. Sweet!!

Now, it's time to wash my clothes, go to a laundry. But you know, it's just one step I need to do to make this dream come true. Also, I'll need to go to a grocery store. But these are all tasks, leading up to the final dream. I mean how long do pe ople work for their ultimate goals? Their whole lives maybe? I might be able to reach mine in 5 years or so. I can't ask anything more and I won't.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

ANd now to grocery store.

YEAAAAH!!!!

In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: I'm pumped up!

Originally posted by Pekka
      Oh and I can go swimming there too. I like swimming, but in here, you have to go to a swimming hall,

All those lakes and Baltic, and you're swimming indoors?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I thought their water might be warmed up by the same way the ones in the US are, by little kiddie pee.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Best five posts ever
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia
              You are not a man. You have ovaries and a minge.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I like (from the Hypothermia link):

"DO NOT kiss the person if you have any diseases because that would make problems for them worse"

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

You are not a man. You have ovaries and a minge.
                  Have you ever heard of the 50-50-50 rule?

You have a 50% chance of completing a 50 yard swim in 50F water before succumbing to hypothermia and drowning.

I've gone swimming in 55F water before. Stayed in up to my waist for ~10 minutes. Sorry, but that wasn't very fun.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The Oregon coast has ~55F temperature. Things go numb, but it is bareable. I haven't went swimming in it though. Just wading up to my waist (when I was younger).

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                    X