• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI thwart terrorist attack in New Jersey

but no Poly thread. Or did I miss it?

Is this about Fort Dix?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Link?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Ah. The Fort Dix thing was like 2 weeks ago
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          Is this about Fort Dix?

-Arrian
          Yes, the thing 2 weeks ago. I don't recall it being discussed.

Comment

Someone should start a "Teh Funny Place Names Thread."
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Yes, the thing 2 weeks ago. I don't recall it being discussed.
              That's because suscessfull homeland security doesn't get the all important TV ratings so it's not news.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Someone should start a "Teh Funny Place Names Thread."

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                  That's because suscessfull homeland security doesn't get the all important TV ratings so it's not news.
                  Have there been many similar cases of security successes being underplayed by the media?

Comment

I don't think the Fort Dix thing was underplayed. It was after all a pretty sad attempt, but it did get lead story status for at least a day or two.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I saw it, was pleased they got caught, and was done with it. And apparently nobody (until you) thought it was worthy of a thread.

:shrug:

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Bubbling pizza guys who didn't even have guns when EVERYONE else in the US knows how to get guns. These guys tried to do a DIY Jihad warrior course in the backwoods, took pictures of themselves dressed in old surplus Army clothes, and then tried to get the film developed at the local photo shop. The guy working at the photo shop turned them into the police and the FBI basically watched them for 2 years to collect evidence.

Not the sharpest of minds we're talking about.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          These guys tried to do a DIY Jihad warrior course in the backwoods, took pictures of themselves dressed in old surplus Army clothes, and then tried to get the film developed at the local photo shop. The guy working at the photo shop turned them into the police and the FBI basically watched them for 2 years to collect evidence.
                          I didn't know that was how they got caught.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Have there been many similar cases of security successes being underplayed by the media?
                            I don't know. That's just the thing, really don't know when Homeland Security is successful. It doesn't make that big of a splash in the media. Now when it doesn't work, there is a news story (and usually a memorial) that's played up in the media for weeks on end followed by people screaming "Something needs to be done!!!" Then something is done and people start to scream "Something other than that!!!"

It's a thankless job.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

I don't know. That's just the thing, really don't know when Homeland Security is successful. It doesn't make that big of a splash in the media. Now when it doesn't work, there is a news story (and usually a memorial) that's played up in the media for weeks on end followed by people screaming "Something needs to be done!!!" Then something is done and people start to scream "Something other than that!!!"

It's a thankless job.
                              dont you see the humor in it though?
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X