X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window cleaner drowns in own bucket

How bizarre is this?

Window cleaner drowned in bucket

A window cleaner drowned in his bucket of water after suddenly collapsing while he worked, an inquest heard.

Mark Fairhurst, 35, of Wigan, Greater Manchester, was found with his head submerged in water by his customer, Elizabeth Bebe, in June 2006.

Bolton Coroner's Court heard that a heart condition caused the collapse but the cause of death was drowning because he was unable to save himself.

The jury returned a unanimous verdict of accidental death.

The father-of-one, of Fowler Close, Scholes, was working at the home of Miss Bebe in Whelley, near Wigan.

She told the inquest: "I went outside to hang some washing at the back when I saw a ladder propped up against the wall.

"I then saw Mark lying on the ground motionless, with his arms tucked in and his head tilted to the right inside the bucket.

"It looked like he had been in that position for some time. I went to call a neighbour who then called the ambulance and the police."

No foul play

Miss Bebe told the jury she thought Mr Fairhurst may have fallen while on the ground, rather than from his ladder.

The hearing also heard that the window cleaner had complained about heart palpitations earlier in the year but had not told his doctor.

Pathologist Dr Charles Wilson told the jury he had been informed that Mr Fairhurst had been assaulted in August 2005 which had led to memory problems.

He said he could not rule out the incident being linked to his blackout - but was satisfied there was no foul play.

Coroner Jennifer Leeming expressed her condolences to the family of Mr Fairhurst at the hearing on Thursday.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Mark Fairhurst, 35, of Wigan, Greater Manchester, was found with his head submerged in water by his customer
      Doesn't sound accidental to me.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

He had no choice but to kick the bucket.

Comment

Mark Fairhurst, 35, of Wigan, Greater Manchester, was found with his head submerged in water by his customer
          I hope this reporter now grasps the dangers of misplaced modifiers.

Comment

sad
            Yet, it should be checked if he wasn't accidently found by the client after he's done the work, and before the payment...
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

For some awful reason I find this awfully amusing.
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Is this ironic?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It was not one of the lines in Alanis's song, so no.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Sensationalist liberal media.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He sounds familiar to me..
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I'm having a hard time picturing how he actually managed to get his head under the water if it was tilted to the right without the bucket falling over by the weight of his body pressing the neck against that side ....
                            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                            X