Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw the Banana Republic Elections - What about the Poodle Parliament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw the Banana Republic Elections - What about the Poodle Parliament?

Who gives a **** about what the yanks are up to when we are essentially about to be subjected to a Coup D'Etat by Gordon Brown when he gets foisted upon us, without any say so by us the voters...

Blair was voted on the back of promising to stand for a full term - none of us voted for Gordon in his grubby attempt to grab power by steamrollering over our democratic traditions.

There should at the very least be a proper leadership contest - failing that we should be calling a general election!

Imagine if Bush just decided to voluntarily step down and hand the presidency to Cheney!? Well, actually nothing would change - but it is the principle of the thing!

The poodle is dead - **** off Gordon Brown!
    Yeah so what, it's not like anyone actually gives a **** about democracy?
    22.22%
    Proper Leadership contest between serious candidates
    22.22%
    General Election now!
    11.11%
    Bananas are better than poodles
    44.44%
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Imagine if Bush just decided to voluntarily step down and hand the presidency to Cheney!?

Well, that can always happen. If the President steps down, the Veep gets the job.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Someone should stand against Brown for the party leadership, but there's no call for a general election, where people vote for parties rather than Prime Ministers.

Though, if Boris Johnson was leader of the Tories a lot of non-Tories would vote for him.

Comment

Yeah, this is kind of how democracy works. There'll be a general election soon enough.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          but there's no call for a general election, where people vote for parties rather than Prime Ministers.
          Since when was it the parties that made the decisions?

These last ten years you might as well have said 'vote Blair' instead of labour, just like Thatcher had an iron grip on the Tory party in her time...

Comment

In practice, yes, party politics has been zombified for a long time, but so has ideological politics. The vote is effectively between two very similar management teams.

Comment

vote UKIP
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"The acceptable face of the BNP"

Comment

didn't one of their bigwigs get arrested recently for racially abusing a railway worker?
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I see Menzies Campbell is calling for a general election. Is there any precedent for a GE under these circumstances? I expect that political debate has never been so dead-in-the-water as now to have had such circumstances.

Comment

Banana Republic pwns Old Navy
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

The former colonial masters, relegated to the role of perpetual lapdogs.

Your PM will always be our President's poodle. Just accept it and move on.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

George III will rise again!

Comment

Well, even in his present circumstances, he certainly has to be better than our George II.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X