Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdest things

Well, this is not true.

But anyway, almost interesting anyway. Today I woke up with bunch of books in my bed, under the blanket. It was pretty weird. Then I remember that I woke up in the middle of the night, and somehow I thought that every book that is on the ground (I have some books next to my bed) will be destroyed. Seriously. I don't know why. I was in semi-sleep mode I guess. So I just randomly took some of the books, saved them. Put them under my blanket I did. This is why I rule, I save books.

It seems I'm fully capable of functioning when sleeping, so I wonder when I'm able to do good business decisions while sleeping. This would enable me to sleep through work and party when I'm awake. Or do more work. But it's definitely not everyday I wake up with bunch of books in my bed, not sure how they got there.

Besides getting a haircut today, some dude also sodomized me in the grocery store. I don't know why. He totally fingered me. There was no real penetration or entry action, but I clearly felt his finger going across my butt when I was trying to choose on bread.

I thought first, OK, it was an accident. But then, later on, in front of another shelf, it happened again! I gave him a look like 'what are you doing man?'. Kind of not sure if he is molesting me or if it was an accident. I figure he should pay for doing that, if he wants to run his fingers across my butt... you know, I have bills to pay. No freebies.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

which books did you deem worthy of saving?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How rare.

Comment

Pekka?
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Ahh, that's the good question I was hoping someone would ask ..

OK, I saved, and please note that I wasn't fully awake... so I had about 15 books on the floor and I saved 9. These are the books, wait, let me go check the pile... I've read them all so... I could make educated decisions.

OK back.

SO these are the books I saved:

Influence: Psychology of Persuasion by Cialdini, R.B. (Don't know why I saved this one... it's quite bad IMO)

The Cathedral & the Bazaar by Eric Raymond (because he is so hot)

The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security by Kevin Mitnick

Masters of Deception: the Gang That Ruled Cyberspace (don't knwo why I saved this one either... I guess because the cover was orange? )

Snow Crash (simply because this book is awesome)

Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison by Michel Foucault

Crypto: Secrecy and Privacy in the New Cold War by Steven Levy

Power / Knowledge: Selected Interviews and Other Writings by Michel Foucault

and last but not least....

Black Hat Physical Device Security: Exploiting Hardware and Software
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I just realized that my books reflect a lot of what I do. I guess that's kind of obvious and the way it should be but.. anyway. I'm a sexy beast according to my books.
            In da butt.

Comment

Foucault
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

But the books I didn't save were:

Papillon

Schaum's Mathematical Handbook of Formulas and Tables (I figure if a chick sees this, it's no sexy time anyway)

Introducing NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming (hmhh, weird, I wish I saved this book. Then again, it survived)

The Cuckoo's Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer Espionage

Biometrics and Strong Authentication

The Disaster Recovery Handbook: A Step-by-step Plan to Ensure Business Continuity and Protect Vital Operations, Facilities, and Assets
                In da butt.

Comment

Even though I asked the question, I don't really care what books you have.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    But the books I didn't save were:

Papillon
                    Prime ****up, Pekka.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

ironically, tonight is the last episode of King of Queens!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Sloww, ah, but ironically it survived
                        In da butt.

Comment

General Ludd, Cool, fair enough. I don't care if you live or die.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

that reminds me, it's one of the few books that had a movie made out of and the movie didn't totally suck. Steve MCQueen and Dustin Hoffman did a pretty good job But of course they never match the original books.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X