Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm referring to you.

You bring nothing to the topic.

You should be thrown from a helicopter into a toilet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

What topic?

You're better at turning lol-threads into snoozefests than lotm. At least lotm's stuff is interesting...

Comment

Don't you wonder why millions are being allowed to die for lack of pills that cost $0.10 to $1.00 to produce?

Not really, no. I've already explained to you numerous times why I think it is so. You seem to want to advocate that we in the West are at fault, while it is my position that we're not. The real cause of the problem lies much closer to where it materializes. If you catch my drift.

Like I said, the near total lack of government action in the face of devastating crisis for the average African person, be it prospective or imminent, is hardly anything new. It is a regrettable situation, but we are not the ones who can alleviate it. The Africans are.

That is why developmental aid to the continent should promote, reflect and follow real progress made to standards of human rights and governmental accountability in the respective recipient countries.

Isn't this a bit of a threadjack away from Adam Smith's OP by the way?

Comment

IIUC, the African region has a standing agreement they rotate their slots at various UN positions according to a fixed scheme. Anyone voting against Zimbabwe is inviting their regional enemies to try and screw them when their turns up.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            IIUC, the African region has a standing agreement they rotate their slots at various UN positions according to a fixed scheme. Anyone voting against Zimbabwe is inviting their regional enemies to try and screw them when their turns up.
            Zimbabwe was elected to lead the commission by a 26-21 secret ballot among CSD members at the UN headquarters in New York.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I thought "WTF" was a no-go for thread topics?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It is
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

WTF?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Don't you wonder why millions are being allowed to die for lack of pills that cost $0.10 to $1.00 to produce?
                    Yes, it is a crime against humanity.

I have to admit that I get depressed, and think that I can do nothing, quite often. The sermon for today was on being able to do things through the power of God...

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Zimbabwe was elected to lead the commission by a 26-21 secret ballot among CSD members at the UN headquarters in New York.
                      Call me cynical, but I don'¨t expect that secret ballot to be all that secret.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The UN is a ****ing joke. The Security Council is a debating place for the winners of WW2. The General Assembly, Human Rights Council, etc, are nothing but places where BS anti-West rhetoric gets spewed.

Comment

they need to take the council out of the hands of nations and put it into the hands of expert jurists who will be allowed to investigate whatever situations they want to.
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Idi Amin for Secretary-General!
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Would he be representative of Uganda, or of Scotland?
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X