Now That's Irony!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now That's Irony!!!

The same day that Pekka starts a thread entitled "I rule and so does my life" I find American Gladiators on ESPNClassic!

Now that's irony!!!
    Monkey!!!

Gladiator
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That show was hilarious, watched it when I was 7 or so.

Pekka's thread is odd.

LordShiva is background noise.

Comment

Re: Now That's Irony!!!

Originally posted by Japher
        The same day that Pekka starts a thread entitled "I rule and so does my life" I find American Gladiators on ESPNClassic!

Now that's irony!!!
        You didn't know that ESPN-C was playing American Gladiators?

Sucker. I've been watching it for 2 months now.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Thanks for PSA!

Anyway, the only reason I got to watch it because wifey had "ladies" night out.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            Gladiator
            meh
            What?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
              That show was hilarious, watched it when I was 7 or so.

Pekka's odd.

LordShiva is background noise.
              Fixed.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

You have the same keen grasp of the term "irony" as Alainis Morrisette.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Japher has revealed his Canadian heritage with this thread; Canucks honestly don't understand what "irony" means.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

According to Dictionary.com, which agrees with Rufus/Drake:
                    [q=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ironic]
                    Usage Note: The words ironic, irony, and ironically are sometimes used of events and circumstances that might better be described as simply "coincidental" or "improbable," in that they suggest no particular lessons about human vanity or folly. Thus 78 percent of the Usage Panel rejects the use of ironically in the sentence In 1969 Susie moved from Ithaca to California where she met her husband-to-be, who, ironically, also came from upstate New York. Some Panelists noted that this particular usage might be acceptable if Susie had in fact moved to California in order to find a husband, in which case the story could be taken as exemplifying the folly of supposing that we can know what fate has in store for us. By contrast, 73 percent accepted the sentence Ironically, even as the government was fulminating against American policy, American jeans and videocassettes were the hottest items in the stalls of the market, where the incongruity can be seen as an example of human inconsistency.[/q]

I would note that it is fairly common usage to mean how Japher means it, however.

Or perhaps he's trying to imply something about Pekka?
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      I would note that it is fairly common usage to mean how Japher means it, however.
                      But then, it is also fairly common usage to say "there ain´t no other man"... People, in general, should not decide things based on a majority.
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Re: Now That's Irony!!!

Originally posted by Japher

Now that's irony!!!
                        BTW I don't get this.

Comment

Ah yes, true American-style irony
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Consult Alanis Morrisette for some excellent examples of not understanding irony.

The lyrics should go

"and isn't it ironic that I sing about irony without knowing what it means"

Comment

"It's like meeting the man of your dreams and his beautiful lice"...

...or something.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X