Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rule and so does my life

Yes, it's true.

I applied to the position I told about you earlier.. we'll see what happens, it's kind of a longshot, but it would be perfect 100% fit to what I like so... it's like made for me. Hopefully it works out.

Anyways, my boss told me today I'm basically out of a job after 4 months. Which is excellent. This is what I hoped for. I mean I wasn't going to renew my contract, but now I don't have to argue about it, because the funding has gone haywire and that's exactly what I knew was going to happen. Why? Because the research has gone into total BS. They're going to continue with it and I was asked to join, but I refused. No pay, no work. "but you can get credits for it...". Yeah and who's going to pay for my partying? No dice.

So I was going to quit anyway after that, but you remember my problem was that I was kind of... reluctantly waiting for that mometny of destruction, shouting and 'I'll **** up your reputation and everything you have in this institution'... but now? My boss can't do that. There's no more new money coming in. I'm free I rule. I knew it was good karma, giving me an easy way out. THat's beucase I rule and do good things for others.

So now, I'm only 250% occupied and busy. But I can manage that. 350% was a bit too much.

Let me do a naked flip. WWHHeeeee!!!!!

In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Man, I can't tell you what a relief this news was to me. It was like a big thing I was waiting to happen, I mean something that has occupied my mind a lot and basically given me a lot of frustration and all kinds of negative things. Then.. it just worked out by itself ... I mean this negative lump was big. LIke if you have a big problem, relatively big (as in not a health issue or things like that), and it has all the potential to ruin your mood when ever you just think about it a little.. but something you know will happen, a true big battle where I'm in the lower end of the food chain.. and then it just vanishes. Oh man, this might be the saving force majeure for this summer AND I DON'T MEAN I'M BACKING OUT OF A FIGHT!

I just don't think I can punch my boss in the face. That would be... bad.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

buy me a ticket and I'll punch her in the face for you
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, but that would be still the same, if I paid you... I think that would be actually worse. Our justice system can not handle the mighty Japher and his superior monkey moves.

It's not even necessary anymore. I actually feel so relieved that I don't care I have been done wrong by her. It's not my problem anymore and it's out of my head, so there's no power what so ever on me anymore. It's finished. I'm happy about it and that's how things tend to end for me

The payback was already mine, even though I had nothing to do with this sudden development.
        In da butt.

Comment

Most cheerful "I got the boot" thread on Poly ever!

Comment

Comment

Hang on, doesn't this mean you are out of a job?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

be careful doing a naked flip

especially if there are ceiling fans in the room!

if you need a crotch attachment procedure... I know a guy
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A ****ty job, and he's got decent prospects for a new one.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sava
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, I wanted this. I don't want to work a single day more for this crappy employer of mine. More like my boss though.

I think there's not a single employment related law she hasn't broken. No rule left non-abused. So I'm GLAD. And I didn't get the boot, the funds are getting terminated, as in there will be no more new fundings for this project. Perfect, finally they got some sense to their heads. I've been wondering the same thing, why do they pay for this? This isn't actually useful to anyone. The process is fairly interesting, but there's no... nothing to gain from this.

I guess the rep of my boss has traveled, that might be one reason as well. It's not like I'll be unemployed against my will. I turned down better options because I thought this current one would advance me the most, academically speaking. Well, it has done that, but now there's nothing more I can gain, so perfect timing.

I hope the kill the projects. It's a real Frankenstein of a baby. Oh when was I left standing alone in a tricky situation not created by me? Well.. hmm.. YESTERDAY. I had to wing a short presentation, in english, for a bunch of people I don't know (not related to the research or in any way related to the funding), and my boss knew about this. I was told there was a short meeting, so I went there, expecting a cup of coffee and the usual blaablaablaa. But no, it was 'why don't you...'. Thanks. Excellent. It would have been nice to.. prepare a bit. And no, it's not something you can wing. I actually lied quite a bit. They seemed to like it so I gave some lies to them. Oh well. At least we looked good
                      In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                      X