Does the Queen like pigskin or something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Queen like pigskin or something

An interesting guest list to tonight's state dinner. Not a tech entrepreneur in sight, but 2 NFL players (Manning and Hasselback) and their wives, and the Director of Football Operations for the NFL (as Condi Rice's guest) are on the list.

Golfer (Palmer and wife), the jockey who won the Kentucky Derby (Funk and guest), and sportscaster (Jim Nantz and wife) round out the sports contingent.

Syndicated news and opinion website providing continuously updated headlines to top news and analysis sources.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Oh, man. Here I thought I was going to see a picture of the Queen Mother, nibbling on a pig's ear.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't know about the NFL, but the Queen's really into horse racing. She's actually only there for the Kentucky Derby.

Comment

Entrepreneurs didn't have the time off.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Oh, man. Here I thought I was going to see a picture of the Queen Mother, nibbling on a pig's ear.
          Difficult. She's dead....
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

WTF do you guys call it a pigskin? It's not, and has never been, pigskin.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Difficult. She's dead....
              Either zombie, or an old picture.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                WTF do you guys call it a pigskin? It's not, and has never been, pigskin.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                X