• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Aggressor Desecrates Mexican Flag

Imagine if gringos did this in Mexico.
    Attached Files
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Students at a California High School held a protest.
    Attached Files
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

We aren't seeing these pictures on the network news...
      Attached Files

Comment

I was under the impression that hanging the flag upside down is done for "distress", in which case it isn't exactly descrecration, but indicating that country itself is in distress.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thats all from last year though.

Comment

Well, I guess that's why it wasn't on the news, eh?

Comment

Um, is the title backwards?

Comment

A flag is sacred?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It only means distress in a maritime enviroment. Any flag upside down (if it design allows it) basically means that.

But to the OP, why amnesty is a bad idea
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    No. Putting the glorious Mexican flage anywhere near that striped rag is a desecration.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Actually, in the military, we learned the United States Flag Code states, "The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property."

Gramps

Proud to be an American and U S Army Veteran

Attached image, states my point
                      Attached Files
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                        A flag is sacred?
                        To some citizens of its sovereign soil.

Of course, some could care less, some countries actually have people who dont supposrt their country.

If they were invaded, it would be a hoot if anyone who burned their own flag, ripped to shreds or soil it, were told, "you go to front lines, tell the agressors you dont support the country you call home. I woiuld imagine, your voice would fall of deaf ears, and you would be cannon fodder.

Gramps
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

No. Putting the glorious Mexican flage anywhere near that striped rag is a desecration.
                          Spanish for "flag" is "bandera", not flage.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

No, it's clearly the fault of the American Aggressor. They had to hold a protest to raise the Mexican flag, and then (not pictured) somebody took the Mexican flag down which desecrated it.

Comment

And this is your problem, how?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X