Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother From Another Planet

Hollywood Shuffle
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Chuck Norris in "Silent Rage".

Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!

IMDB
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Solaris (soderbergh version) is underrated.
        bleh

Comment

All Dogs Go To Heaven should be rated R
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
            Solaris (soderbergh version) is underrated.
            You just like it for George Clooney's butt. Admit it

I saw it in theatre on my birthday. Man, was I disappointed! I felt that Soderbergh had taken out the best parts of the book. I was so disappointed that just after I went to see the Harry Potter movie. However, I saw it again a year later, on DVD. Its a pretty good movie, actually. The photography is beautiful. But the Tarkovski version is LOT better, IMO. No surprise there: Tarkovski was a master and Soderbergh isn't.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

@Nostromo

Actually it's better to called Solaris(Soderbergh version) as a variation on a theme of Stanislas Lem.

The book is mainly a frame on which Soderbergh mainly took the theme of loss and idealization. I think this is a very personal and intimate movie; you would like it or not. Depends of your emotional response to the movie.

The photography and the music; are also two reasons why this movie is ranked very high in my personal best of movie.
              bleh

Comment

And I forgot to say... George Clooney's butt
                bleh

Comment

American History X seems to be underrated too.
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Leon

Edit: Airplane! Seriously, I was talking about this in my econ class the other day and nobody knew what I was talking about. My generation has some serious problems with comedy.
                    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                      Leon

Edit: Airplane! Seriously, I was talking about this in my econ class the other day and nobody knew what I was talking about. My generation has some serious problems with comedy.
                      Kentucky Fried Movie and National Lampoon's Animal House too.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Animal House more so in recent years. In the same vein as Airplane! though is Wet Hot American Summer. It's definitely cult comedy but I haven't seen a movie since that has made my face and gut hurt from laughter.

Comment

Deep Blue Sea
                          Hudson Hawk
                          Last Action Hero

All of these are great cheesy piss-takes!
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The best part in Deep Blue Sea is when
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam Jackson becomes shark food.

Comment

"Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle"

A stoner comedy classic. Rivals Cheech and Chong in its brilliance.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Porky's
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X