Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Your President Aggressors Tend To Get Fired At?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Your President Aggressors Tend To Get Fired At?

I read the following on US presidents
    Four American presidents have died from assassins¢ bullets. In 1865 John Wilkes Booth killed Abraham Lincoln. James Garfield was shot in 1881, and William McKinley was shot in 1901. John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963.

Sitting Presidents have also survived attempts on their lives, including Andrew Jackson, Franklin D. Roosevelt (as president-elect), Harry S. Truman, Gerald Ford (twice) and Ronald Reagan.

I find it a bit over the average for a stable democracy (or republic if you prefer). is it the same in other countries?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

"Aggresors"?

Comment

Sorry, missed an "s"

Comment

We had a premier shot in 1986, but he never got round to invading anyone.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          Sorry, missed an "s"
          That wasn't really my point. What do you mean with a "President Aggressor"? The sentence makes perfect sense if you remove the word, not much sense with it. JFK and Garfield certainly weren't among the most aggressive Presidents, and Lincoln was (by consensus, I presume) among the most reconciliary.

On-topic:
          The last time there was a political assassination in Finland was in 1904, and that wasn't directed against a Finn but against a dictator of a foreign nationality.

Comment

You havent been following my thread titles VJ
            You can ignore that "aggressor" part from the title

Comment

Markos, it should've been "Do your Presidents tend to get fired at by aggressors?"
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

well US presidents are by default aggressors
                how many of the last 10 US presidents didnt engage in war?

Comment

Let's not forget vice president aggressors.
                  Blah

Comment

All of our presidents have been aggressors. We've barely known a moment of peace since the founding of the republic. Of course, most people don't count the Indian wars or minor actions against Latin American governments so . . .
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Apolyton is becoming more and more aggressive.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        well US presidents are by default aggressors
                        how many of the last 10 US presidents didnt engage in war?
                        But you're saying "your Presidents", which refers also to Presidents from other countries of Apolytoners . My Presidents aren't really aggressors
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                          Let's not forget vice president aggressors.
                          it was an honest mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            But you're saying "your Presidents", which refers also to Presidents from other countries of Apolytoners . My Presidents aren't really aggressors
                            your presidents are wannabe aggressors
                            they are just unlucky and dont have the command of the greatest army in the history of the world...

Comment

Our presidents don't have that much power so are hardly aggressors. Our chancellors on the other hand ....
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X