Non-Human Intellegent Life on Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Human Intellegent Life on Earth?

Yes, with all the search about life on other planets and all the fantasies ppl have about aliens from outer space... got me thinking...

Earth has all sorts of lifeforms... ofc many places are already visited by humans and studied... but certainly not all and everywhere

When you think about it... why must all intellegent life on earth be human? Isnt it logical that when one lifeform evolved there brains and thus got advantage over the ones with a lesser brain, that other lifeforms would get more and more powerful brains over time too?
    (As those with slightly better brainpower are more likly to survive and thus mate, and the dumber once die early, and so on).

Possibilities for somewhat intellegent life that isnt discovered yet:
    - deep in the oceans
    - remote isolated islands
    - small animals (like insects maybe, dunno would it be possibel for insects to evolve a powerful brain? Does it have to be so big as in humans, or wouldnt it be possibel to have a "nano-brain", scaled down like todays computers)
    - known animals that dont apear to be intellegent to the human eye but are in a somewhat special way (like aliens maybe would be too)

If you asume there is a intellegent lifeform, but it is inferior to humans, wouldnt it also be logical that it would try to hide from humans, to not get declared war on (just look at all the former native human tribes everywhere, that got slaughtered by more advanced human "tribes"...)?

Discuss
    If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

An insect colony is rather intelligent.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Crows
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Atheists
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Intellegent life is amazing indeed
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It's the mice! The mice, I tell you!

...or not. Seriously, though, crows/ravens, grey parrots, and dolphins are all quite intelligent.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Octopodi too.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The Microsoft Paper clip. A malevolent, insidious life form that is at war with humanity.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                  An insect colony is rather intelligent.
                  Um, not that I know of. I don't know any examples of them making any actual complicated decisions...

Comment

Octopuses

Comment

Re: Non-Human Intellegent Life on Earth?

Originally posted by DanielXY
                      When you think about it... why must all intellegent life on earth be human? Isnt it logical that when one lifeform evolved there brains and thus got advantage over the ones with a lesser brain, that other lifeforms would get more and more powerful brains over time too?
                      (As those with slightly better brainpower are more likly to survive and thus mate, and the dumber once die early, and so on).
                      A better brain doesn't always give an advantage.

Comment

In our case it does.

Comment

Haven't there been studies showing morons are quickly outbreeding intelligent people?
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Intelligent species on earth? Homo Sapien has wiped out a bunch of those in the past. Got the last of them though. A genocide well done.

There can be only one.
                            Intelligent specie.
                            On Earth.

Comment

I think if they were intelligent they would have left once we showed up...

Comment

Working...
                              X