No announcement yet.

The Permaculture Concept!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narz, have you considered eating dandelions? They're highly nutritious and grow absolutely anywhere, with no maintenance needed. Seriously, they're higher in vitamin A than just about any other food. You're quite capable of living off of dandelions and other weeds. Purslane is supposed to taste absolutely wonderful.

My PC doesn't have speakers and I'm on dialup, so I can't watch those videos. But in closing, I'd like to say that the word "permaculture" sounds really stupid.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
      Narz, have you considered eating dandelions? They're highly nutritious and grow absolutely anywhere, with no maintenance needed. Seriously, they're higher in vitamin A than just about any other food.
      From what I can gather, you need to take only the young leaves though, the older ones are too bitter.

Might try that though, at least get food out of the weeding.

Im not planting them though.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I agree with Kuci:

it's stock clueless-environmentalist fluff
        Though I'd replace "enviromentalist" with "primitivist nut". Sane, pro-technology enviromentalists like myself hate the woo woos.

Comment

Yeah, I like dandelion greens. Pick 'em and put 'em in my juices sometimes.
          Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

This relationship is irrelevant in a society in which only a few percent of the population work in agriculture.

Gordon is even deader than I thought, I take it.

I vaguely remember learning about some Gordon dude in primary school... I guess it's the same one you're talking about.
            Permaculture would be well suited to agricultural Kibbutzim.
            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
              Permaculture would be well suited to agricultural Kibbutzim.
              The Kibbutz is dead in everything but name.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                Here in the USA, some folks use the word "sprawl" for the movement of offices, and higher density residential development to the suburbs.

Which sort of is alright, cause such things, as theyre typically cited, do cause all the problems associated with sprawl, and so "antisprawl" planner types typically use the word that way as well. OTOH it can lead to some folks associating sprawl with increasing densities in general, and not understanding that traditional USA low density suburban development is "sprawl".

To some extent "sprawl" here means "any development I dont like"
                When I was at school we were taught about two kinds of sprawl in human geography. Urban sprawl and suburban sprawl.

Covers your two descriptions and differentiates the meanings, assuming they aren't then used interchangeably.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X