I'm getting lots of head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting lots of head

On my beers of course. I've taken up the homebrew hobby. I'm on my 8th batch. Here's some wicked blowoff from my first 5-gallon batch:
    Attached Files
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

The picture looks like a dude with a foamy head :P
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Are there any other homebrewers out there? Oerdin made some scrumpy once, but I don't recall anyone talking about making beer.

Comment

Looks disgusting. Find another hobby.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I overfilled the fermentor on that particular occasion. Normally the foam stays inside.

Comment

I've dabbled in the past. From what I remember excess foaming and carbonation in general means too much sugar in the finishing step. Maybe also a different yeast required.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

My carbonation is fine, and the excess foam in the pic is because of overfilling. How did your brews turn out Ogie? What styles did you make?

Comment

I did a coupe porters and lagers.

My first stab at the porters were OK if a bit sweet. (actually I liked it that way w/ a carmelly aftertaste and not too bitter but I did realize I probably didn't get enough sugars converted but still I got seriously buzzed. ) I never did the make my own malts but instead bought the mixes.

The lagers were pretty much spot on. Nice hoppy flavor almost an India Pale Ale but not quite as bitter.

My overall problem was attempting to mini-keg it. Damn cheap ass system always leaked, meaning when I cracked a keg I had to finish it that night or the beer went bad.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                  Are there any other homebrewers out there? Oerdin made some scrumpy once, but I don't recall anyone talking about making beer.
                  my dad used to when i was younger, but not anymore.
                  he forgot about it for a while, so then there was a huge mess in our basement

Comment

The smell must have been.....interesting
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                      I did a coupe porters and lagers.

My first stab at the porters were OK if a bit sweet. (actually I liked it that way w/ a carmelly aftertaste and not too bitter but I did realize I probably didn't get enough sugars converted but still I got seriously buzzed. ) I never did the make my own malts but instead bought the mixes.
                      Heh, you must have been aiming for high alcohol if it came out sweet and still got you buzzed.

The lagers were pretty much spot on. Nice hoppy flavor almost an India Pale Ale but not quite as bitter.

My overall problem was attempting to mini-keg it. Damn cheap ass system always leaked, meaning when I cracked a keg I had to finish it that night or the beer went bad.
                      I don't have a kegging system, I just bottle.

Comment

Working...
                      X