No announcement yet.

Dirty Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the "lesbian love romp" part as journalistic spicing-up of the story.

FACT: school tradition involves a striptease contest, judged by teachers.

QUESTION: is that appropriate?

IMO, obviously, it's not at all appropriate. Feel free to consider that opinion a prudish one, of course.

-Arrian

p.s. Asmodean: "over the hill" means "to get old." I think you were trying to use "overboard" which means something like "out of control."
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      Forget the "lesbian love romp" part as journalistic spicing-up of the story.

QUESTION: is that appropriate?

IMO, obviously, it's not at all appropriate. Feel free to consider that opinion a prudish one, of course.

-Arrian

p.s. Asmodean: "over the hill" means "to get old." I think you were trying to use "overboard" which means something like "out of control."
      Arrian, of course you are entitled to your opinion. I agree with you that no high school should have a teacher supervised strip contest. What I don't agree with, is taking this as an example of my country being depraved in any way. Because frankly that is not the case.

And linguistic error corrected

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Did you take the whole "dirty Denmark" thing seriously/personally?

Oh dear...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet and UK paper Metro are reporting on a new cellphone scandal out of Denmark. According to the newspapers, a group of high school students has used cellphones to film an…

NWS in a grainy and pixelated way.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Did you take the whole "dirty Denmark" thing seriously/personally?

Oh dear...

-Arrian
            Not as such But coming from Denmark, you get a lot of that stuff, so I thought I would "nip it in the bud"

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Really? It's fashionable to pick on Denmark? Denmark?

-Arrian

Comment

Comment

Really? It's fashionable to pick on Denmark? Denmark?

-Arrian
                  ONly when it's about caricatures they make ...
                  Blah

Comment

Bah, that was Holland.

I meant here on 'poly, not "out there."

-Arrian

Comment

Bah, that was Holland.

I meant here on 'poly, not "out there."

-Arrian
                      And I meant "out there".

Comment

Silly person. Out there doesn't count.

-Arrian

Comment

Yep, it's a fact that the school has had this tradition for several years (don't know how many). Though, another boring FACT is that it used to be some pseudo strip where the participants had several layers of clothes and stopped before it got too interesting. This years batch of girls apparently forgot this little detail with the known result.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                            Laz, I don't know what the source was for Metro's story, but it is clearly not a very well informed source. I suggest you research your posts a bit better in the future, before you go on an slander other countries like that

Try reading what I've written about Finland.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Laz, did you know that the thread you started then, that actually lured me in here. I mean.. it's your fault.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X