No announcement yet.

I got my own business started but....I need web design and converting math help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my own business started but....I need web design and converting math help

Last week my favorite little Aunt died leaving a very large whole in our family as well as leaving one incredible old fashioned homeade Chocolate cream pie receipe. As a tribute I made her receipe for her for the reception after the funeral and everyone was going on and on about how good it was. My cousin in law's brother who walks with a cane and has trouble getting around and whom they were having to baby all day ate one piece of the pie and wanted another and left the cane and got up an walked by himself over to the table to get the next piece. Thank Ya' Jesus it's a maricle!

Kidding about the mircle part, but he did get teased quite alot about having to be taken care of except when it came to another piece of pie. Came over to me and said he needed to hug the neck of the lady who made that wonderful pie.

I've been wanting to start my own business (think I mentioned it here a while back) retro bakery type thing and it looks like this is the ticket. My Aunt's name was June but the workers at the nursing home used to call her JuneBug. So with that Aunt JuneBugs Pies was born. Went and purchased the name, registered with the city and state etc.... and was calling our local free paper the Chronicle to check into advertising when the girl on the phone says you know.......Hmmmm........homemade chocolate cream pies. My theater group would really go for something like that as well as the Mayor's wife is soon to be having some charity ta do and really might go for that. I told her I would bring samples by the office then she gave me the food editor's name and everything has just snowballed. She wanted my website which we purchased a domanine and and got the website builder thingy but I am so totally clueless as how to build a website. Steve has a friend that does it but I don't know when he can fit it into his schedule as well as I need to get something up pretty soon so I can start directing people to it. So can anyone help me build this thingy?

The math part is I need someone who can help me convert my single pie measurments into something that instead of making one pie I can make four at a time so I need some help with fractions and addition. And no, I am not smarter then a 5th grader and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

All in all it's quite exciting to think I could actually make something of this. It's nice to have something of my family's that I can do well and is appreciated and everyone seems to like. So can anyone help?
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Before I offer any useless help, I need your credit card number, your debit card number, and your pin number.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

That kind of math, I can do. It's not geek crap.
      PM me the numbers you need times out and I'll do it for ya.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If you have one the ingredients required to make one pie, just multiply that by four.

If you have a fraction amount of an ingredient for one pie, multiply the top number by four. Leave the bottom number alone.

For example
        1/3 cup of milk * 4 = 4/3 cup of milk. 4/3 cup would be 3/3 of a cup (1 cup) plus 1/3 of a cup.

5/6 pounds of bagels * 9 = 45/6 pounds of bagels. Long-divide 45 by 6 and you'll get 7 Remainder 3 -> 7 and 3/6 pounds of bagels.

But Sloww, he can do the numbers as well. Just double check with someone else if he's had any of that Guinness
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

**google eyes** at fractions. Thanks Sloww I'll PM the numbers for three different pies I'm making.

Oh Mr. Fun I don't think so. We have a website builder with the domain name and stuff but they keep talking about hosting the website I assume that's something I need to do? I found a templet with some of the stuff I want to go on there and I thought I would take pictures of the actual products to put on the site. Just need to figure out how to freeking build it!
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

i suck at math as well but i cook well. Bottom line is 4 times all the ingredients, if ur cooking four at a time. Like it was mentioned if the reciepe for one calls for a cup of sugar for four ud add four and so forth. the half saizes get a bit more into math but if u have the correct measure cups then ud just use it 4 times over that way u dont get confused.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Yeah lots of 1/4 and 1/3 and 1/2 that's what throws me. And building a freeking website throws me totally!!

Comment

Hosting the website means there needs to be a server to put the files on for the website. Apolyton is hosted on a server in the east coast somewhere, for example, if I remember correctly.

You wouldn't do that personally, you'd pay a company to do it for you. The website builder should provide you with that, or give you a good list of companies to go with. If they're providing the domain name, odds are they're giving you hosting space also. Hosting space usually costs $/month or $/year depending on what you're going for in terms of services and space.

Again, the website builder should provide you with the actual built page, and show you how to upload pictures. If they're not, then they're really not providing you much service and you should go with someone else.

I'm sure we must have some website folks here - Master Zen does it for a living, and I'm sure there are others, he's just the only one I can think of off the top of my head. They can probably give you specific advice as to what to expect
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It does talk about purchasing the hosting abilities etc..... I do understand that we need to do that. It just offeres several different prices and things it offeres. I don't need something fancy schmancy just a basic host thingy.

I know what I want to put on the website I just need someone to help me make it.

Comment

Working...
                  X