No announcement yet.

India to offer free broadband within a couple years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think many of you don't understand that less than 1% of Indians own computers and only slightly more than 1% of the population are Internet users. Not suprising in a country where close to half the population is hovering around the poverty line...

All hotels in Bangkok. The best selection of Bangkok hotels with reviews and maps. Book in advance and save.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

No. But they are responsible for the neglect of governmental health services which could have provided care to these mothers.
      Don't indian people already know that by the stacks of dead politicians' babies that they have to bury every day?
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

This should help the poor, downtrodden Indian middle class.

Comment

lack of internet access is about the least serious problem in all of india.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Not quite true. But as Drake said, lack of internet access is more than just the lack of free broadband.

Comment

In Rome it was Bread And Games. In India it's Naan And Broadband.

Comment

I personally am very disturbed by this news.
                Imagine if we get more Indians to post here once they get free broadband

I am afraid that the day that millions of brahmins (sp?) get free broadband will be the death of Apolyton.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

All they'll do is post links to the wikipedia articles that they've written.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Does aneeshm do that?

Comment

That's so sad.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X