• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    I only care about Democratic hypocrisy.
    you've sunken to a new level
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Too many arguments with Oerdin.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Too many arguments with Oerdin.
        you've become what you were fighting against. a san diegan
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

And the politicizing of that Aid along with the ending of family planning efforts which the administration knew would cause many millions of deaths?

When your handing out vast sums of cash, politics will always play a part so don't play like the politicizing of aid is a new thing.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

The amount of money spent on family planning was realitively small but was credited with saving huge numbers of people by educating them about safe sex. It was a classic pennies up front vs big costs for a cure if you don't. The total amount was in the tens of millions for all of Africa and not the hundreds of millions. In short less then most serious Presidential candidate raised in the last 3 months on an individual basis.

To basically leave tens of millions of people to die just so Bush can tell religious extremists in America that it's safe to vote for Republicans because they don't encourage those negros to have sex... It's immoral if not criminal.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Dr. Tobias, if you want a massage get a real massage therapist.

It's entirely legal and licensed in most states. Far cheaper, too.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                To basically leave tens of millions of people to die just so Bush can tell religious extremists in America that it's safe to vote for Republicans because they don't encourage those negros to have sex... It's immoral if not criminal.

Yeah, why assume they're smart enough to understand anything? Why tell them that having sex with a virgin does not cure disease it merely spreads the disease to the virgin? Just give 'em condoms.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Basically you have a bunch of people who don't know squat about AIDS so you teach them about AIDS along with other STDs and how they can be prevented via either abstinence or safe sex. Of course abstinence never works because people always have sex so really the safe sex part is the most important along with stopping the spread of stupid ideas like having sex with a virgin cures AIDS.

Comment

In high-ranking government jobs -- things with administration access, security clearances, etc. -- seeing hookers is considered a security risk. The fact that his name is on the list is, in itself, not a reason to fire him. Especially since Palfrey hasn't gone to trial. But the fact is, he resigned. On a Saturday after 5pm (out of the news cycle).

So yeah, it's a witch hunt, which is kind of funny since there are bound to be names from both sides of the aisle on a list that long. But the Republicans are running scared.

Under current conditions, the admin. doesn't want such people around.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In a party mired by scandal over the past few years, this is the last thing that they need.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Main-line democratic voters -- especially women -- won't stand for this in their party either, Studds, et al. notwithstanding. There's a good reason why prostitition is illegal throughout the U.S. (parts of Nevada being the exception), even in the most liberal areas.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The absurdity lies with his specific professional responsibilities - being the State Dept's "AIDS ambassador," teaching abstinence rather than safe sex.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

"Do as I say, not as I do." I thought the liberals loved to view government as the ultimate loving, educating and providing parent.

Comment

Misconceptions about liberals have been costing conservatives dearly.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Don't let that stop now. Conservatives are doing so well with their misconceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X