Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking: Poll Shows America Only Second Dumbest Country in the World

French outpace Americans in French-bashing: poll

PARIS (Reuters) - The French dislike themselves even more than the Americans dislike them, according to an opinion poll published on Friday.

The survey of six nations, carried out for the International Herald Tribune daily and France 24 TV station, said 44 percent of French people thought badly of themselves against 38 percent of U.S. respondents who had a negative view of the French.

Only 14 percent of Germans, 25 percent of Italians, 29 percent of Spaniards and 33 percent of Britons had a negative view of the French, according to the Harris/Novatris poll, which questioned more than 1,000 people in each country.

Looked at from another perspective, the Germans have the highest regard for their neighbors, with 73 percent saying they had a positive view of the French.

By contrast, some 63 percent of Italians had a positive view of the French, 54 percent of Spaniards, 51 percent of French, 41 percent of Britons and just 35 percent of Americans.

Relations between France and the United States plunged following Paris's fierce opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

Thursday's poll said 74 percent of Americans said whoever wins the second round of France's presidential election on May 6 should try to improve relations with the United States.

Some 41 percent of French agreed, but 20 percent believed Paris should be even more distant with Washington.

Actually, this doesn't surprise me at all; it's only natural given the current national obsession with our own decline. Still, it pains me to see us give the English a run for their money in terms of self-loathing. Their self-hatred is at least justified...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

So what now, Spiff? Is the new national slogan to be "We Suck The Most"?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have always thought that regarding modesty we were second to none.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Comment

Re: Shocking: Poll Shows America Only Second Dumbest Country in the World

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          Still, it pains me to see us give the English a run for their money in terms of self-loathing. Their self-hatred is at least justified...
          The Anglosaxification of France continues.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

this needs to be remedied... USA! WE'RE #1!!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Looked at from another perspective, the Germans have the highest regard for their neighbors, with 73 percent saying they had a positive view of the French.
              I believe the Germans misunderstood the question as having high desire/regard for French lands.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Why do only 38% of Americans think bably of the French!? We must work to defeat the French in this competition to dislike the French most!
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

No, hatred towards Will9, not the French, is the ultimate objective.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Frogs

Comment

Jews
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                        No, hatred towards Israelis, not the French, is the ultimate objective.
                        corrected
                        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
                          I have always thought that regarding modesty we were second to none.
                          Touché!

Still trying to figure out what the Romand Swiss think of the French.
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt Touché!

Still trying to figure out what the Romand Swiss think of the French.
                            Don't the Swiss secretly hate everyone
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Still trying to figure THAT out too. It's hard when there's three (at least) Switzerlands. French, German and Italian. Maybe they all hate the other parts...? astrologix, can you provide some input...?
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X