• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "as a reward for stealing Year Zero..."

"we've prepared the next batch of multitrack files for you."

[nin.com/current]

this is by and far interesting:

what you're looking at is a spectrograph of white noise that was found when said files for the song 'capital G' was released. the images are that of avatars from echoing the sound, a nine inch nails fan forum. apparently, these particular members were responsible for aiding the leak of year zero.

is this going too far for an artist to single out people in such a fashion? or is it just desserts for people who propagate illegitimate copies of albums?

discuss.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Aren't the years of disaffected loneliness enough of a punishment for people who still care enough about Trent Reznor to download the latest Nine Inch Nails record?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

to each, their own, i suppose.

Comment

No offense intended. I used to like NIN too, but then the '90s ended...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

have you even heard the new album? or is this one of those things you feel you've "grown out of?" i think it's amazing the amount of time and effort that's been put into the whole concept from start to finish, love or hate reznor, it's certainly appearing to have been a good idea.

Comment

If it was such a good idea, I probably would've heard about it from someone other than you. Given what I know, it seems about as relevant as the latest Pearl Jam album...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

there's been articles in USAToday, and rolling stone amongst others.

Comment

Drake only listens to Oprah nowadays. Did Oprah mention NIN's latest album by any chance?
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

there's been articles in USAToday, and rolling stone amongst others.

Does anyone under 40 read either of those?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

regarless, is that sort of thing apropriate? answer the question!

Comment

Can you please condense all of your masturbatory threads to PMs to yourself, or at least one thread?
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                        regarless, is that sort of thing apropriate? answer the question!
                        If Reznor only did that, he's lenient. I would have taken legal actions, if possible.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                          to each, their own, i suppose.
                          I didn't care for the fragile very much.

Can this album compare to Donward spiral?

Pretty much their best album. Further downward spiral was a good remix though.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            No offense intended. I used to like NIN too, but then the '90s ended...
                            qft

Comment

The reviews I read claim that its on the same level as Pretty hate machine and Downward spiral. But I saw the "Survivalism" video (nice video clip, btw) and, IMO, it sounds a lot like what they did in the nineties.

Comment

Working...
                              X