Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adagio
    What about the link in the line that says:

Or you can see the image in its own context www.someaddress.com at your own risk

Isn't that the link to where you were planning to go?

actually it leads to the picture URL, which oddly seems to be in a different domain that the site. and it isn't a link but requires copy paste.

I'm generally surprised that google makes a huge warning webpage, instead of using some filter on the search results.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
      actually it leads to the picture URL, which oddly seems to be in a different domain that the site
      But that's what you were looking for, right? The location for the actual picture, not a link to the page where the picture is displayed

and it isn't a link but requires copy paste.
      It's more secure that way, if they had just made a link most people would click the link without even considering the security of their computer. Forcing you to copy/paste the link will give you more time to think "Hey wait a minute, this might harm my computer, maybe I shouldn't go to that site anyway"

I'm generally surprised that google makes a huge warning webpage, instead of using some filter on the search results.
      IMHO googles way of doing it is better as it still gives you an option to go to that page if you really want to go there (for whatever reason that might be)
      But on the other hand it probably would be better if they had an option to filter "bad" sites (having it "on" as default"
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Joanna Krupa pwns

See Babe Thread 1 and 2 for further proof.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

actually it leads to the picture URL, which oddly seems to be in a different domain that the site. and it isn't a link but requires copy paste.
          In some countries the owner of a webpage is helt responsible for content directly linked from his page. I know that, because we had this discussion in Germany a while ago (I don't remember how it ended, though). If Google knowingly directly links to a malware infested site, they might get in avoidable trouble in these countries.

That would be censorship. The cleanest way is to warn but nonetheless provide the URL, but not as link.

Comment

stupid question, but what is malware in this sense?

What would viewing that site do to your computer? What are they trying to proetect you against? adware?

Comment

I think in this context, it is specifically vira and spyware

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
              X