No announcement yet.

Dean of Admissions Lied on Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was in charge of applications yet she lied on one herself. That's ridiculous to think you can keep someone like that on.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

What's ridiculous is the perception generated about her by a mistake that apparently had no effect on her job performance over 28 years, would override actual performance in determining if she was still qualified.

Rather ironic given the mistake in question was to give into pressures to appease perception over qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        The fact that she progressed through the system was based on merit, not on a forged resume.

Nor did she try to hide what she did or pretend it was not wrong. She confessed what she did and that it was wrong and made no exscuses.

All things considered, I think she should of kept her job. What more could you want from such a position besides personal responsibility and competance? She clearly has both despite a deception 30 years ago.

I'd hire this woman, if I were an employer.

Comment

"I misrepresented my academic degrees when I first applied to M.I.T. 28 years ago and did not have the courage to correct my résumé when I applied for my current job or at any time since,”
          This is why she had to quit. She probably could have corrected it when she applied for her current job and there wouldn't have been that big of a stink.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I can hear the parents now:

"My daughter graduated valedictorian from Harvard with dual degrees in Physics and Political Science. Why wasn't she accepted into MIT?"

"Because she lied on her application. She's 18, and graduated 5th in her class at an Alabama highschool."

"So? You're Dean of Admissions lied about her degrees. It's just like my daughter, whose degrees aren't needed to enter MIT's undergraduate program."
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
            X