Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harper had good judgement on the environment?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harper had good judgement on the environment?!!

Really, I'm rather surprised.

The plan was to cut by half the greenhouse gas emissions from industries by 2050. Supposedly that the new plan is to do that by 2015!

If its true, Kudos!

But I'm wondering, how can that be done in 7 years? Or if its a scam, considering the document was faxed ''by mistake'' to the liberal party...

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The environment is an issue where the Liberals have a fundamental problem. Any time they say that emissions can be cut easily by doing x and y, I and I suispect a lot of other voters say " well why tango foxtrot did you not do ANY of that in your years and years of power"

I just love their positions that the Conservatives can cut emissions now so very very easily when emissions continued to go UP when the Liberals were in power.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Unfortunately for Harper, the "Liberals did nothing for x years" line will only play for so long. The Conservatives also have zero credibility on the issue and will only make token effforts under pressure. This wasn't one of their "top five" after all.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
        Unfortunately for Harper, the "Liberals did nothing for x years" line will only play for so long. The Conservatives also have zero credibility on the issue and will only make token effforts under pressure. This wasn't one of their "top five" after all.
        True

BUt any steps that actually reduce emissions would mean they will have done more in less than 2 years than the Liberals did in years and years and years.

Packaged right ( and the Conservatives have the money for a media campaign) I think they get a LOT of play out of "they did absolutely nothing"-- What can the Liberals say after all -- " Cutting emissions is easy but we just didn't want to do it " .
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I think the Greens are the big winners on the issue. They can, rightly, point out that neither of the two interchangable main parties take the issue seriously. Too bad Elisabeth May is turning out to be such a flake.

Btw, have you seen the new polling?

OTTAWA (CP) - Support for Stephen Harper's Conservatives appears to have taken a nose-dive.

A new poll suggests the Tories have dropped to 30 per cent support and are in a statistical dead heat with the Liberals. The Conservatives had been polling near 40 per cent after their budget in late March.

The Decima Research survey, provided exclusively to The Canadian Press, also suggests Liberal fortunes are stalled at 29 per cent.

If there's good news for any political party, it's the New Democrats.

The NDP was at 18 per cent nationally, followed by the Greens at 11 per cent and the Bloc Quebecois at eight.

The telephone poll was conducted Thursday through Saturday and has a margin of error of 3.1 percentage points.

Aside from the taken for granted crowd out west, the Conservatives are simply not winning us over.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Aside from the taken for granted crowd out west, the Conservatives are simply not winning us over.
            I agree on the fact that the NDP and Greens can make big ground on the environment. I just don't think the Liberals can with their recent history there.

Oh that poll-- they called ME but I chose not to respond.
            I am not surprised by the results. The fact that the Liberals still got substrantial support last time despite pretty solid evidence of lots of wrongdoing said to me that they had some pretty staunch support.

I hadn't seen that latest poll but I am not at all upset as long as the numbers stay in the range that no one is pressing for an election. I just see not point in another vote that would likely maintain the status quo. Although it might be nice for there to be some Green representation and I never mind the NDP getting a few more seats. They have many policies I don't support but at the same time I like them on some other issues and always like them to have a strong voice.

Comment

I agree, another vote now would be pointless as the breakdown would probably be quite similar to what we have now.

I'm just amused as all **** watching Harper and the Tories desperately try to get those numbers in the majority range. Quite frankly I have no doubt Harper would sell his own grandma for a couple points of national support (or even a couple points in Quebec).

Politically we have returned to where we were twenty years ago.

Comment

Re: Harper had good judgement on the environment?!!

Originally posted by Spec
                Really, I'm rather surprised.

The plan was to cut by half the greenhouse gas emissions from industries by 2050. Supposedly that the new plan is to do that by 2015!

If its true, Kudos!

But I'm wondering, how can that be done in 7 years? Or if its a scam, considering the document was faxed ''by mistake'' to the liberal party...

Spec.
                Me too. Surprised that is.

This sounds remarkably like Alberta's plan, but I don't see a 50% reduction.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                X