Science Project help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Project help

My 10 year old step-son has a science project.

Basically, it is trying to get water to run down a piece of string.

How would this relate to everyday life, keeping in mind that this is a 4th grader.

Please help.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

It's wicking... how they make candles...

also a great display in capillary action, or the act of surface forces on a liquid

very scientific
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Ahh, that's a good job, thanks Japher.

ACK!

Comment

I've always wanted to make a drain spout that would be a web of thin, water hugging, strings that would giude the water in a web like pattern so that you don't get that huge hole dug by the spout when a big rain hits.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

thanks Japh, as smart as all these other guys think they are they didnt bother to help. Gives all of us a reason to come to polly!!!!!!!!! LATER
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

why isnt young step tubes asking. WE DEMAND A LOGIN FOR HIM!
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

My guess is cause he is, wait let me think, 10 and id rather him be spared from yall till he is at least 17. Why do u think dady tubes asked?
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

because pappy tubes is actually doing the project while young step tubes is playing xbox 360.
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  because pappy tubes is actually doing the project while young step tubes is playing xbox 360.
                  Nope, not a chance in hell of that happening, I don't do their homework.

Hell, I didn't do mine when I was in school, I'm not gonna start now.

ACK!

Comment

You could compromise by playing xbox while they do the project?

Comment

We don't have an Xbox.

ACK!

Comment

now that truly is the science experiment. raising a child without xbox.

Comment

I'd use rubber tubes then go through a lengthy explanation of siphoning and the differences in gravitational potential.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's also related to trees and how they get water up to the top from way down below (though not identical, you could use that as a second part of the project, how you get water to run UP a string).
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

What the hell? Japher gave an answer wthin 16 minutes of the OP, so now everyone else is stupid because no one else answered it?

Wow, the standards are pretty high these days
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X