Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people go to the gym but then only do cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My calves are comparatively weak. They don't work enough on the squats or deadlifts, and it'd be too time-consuming to isolate

I take solace in the fact that a good set of quads and hamstrings + grinding with a chick on the dancefloor = guaranteed lay
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Lord Shiva:

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I know its wussy, but I'm really digging fitlinxx these days. It really keeps me motivated to keep working out and harder, now I'm no1 at my gym for April in both cardio and weights. I really need some gimmick to keep me pushing, and to have a computerized system to keep track of my weight levels is fantastic. Eventually, I'll move off of it to regular weights, but for now, really helps out.

I've dropped a few inches off the waistline/chest/hips in the past 2 months and see the results, I'm fitting into suits that I haven't been able to for a few years. Now I'm focusing on diet-eat out way way too much=too many empty calories.

My motivation-fitter, happier, more productive. Going back on the job market in Nov, and I want to be at the top of my game physically and mentally. No strikes for being somewhat overweight against me. And I have a huge wardrobe of suits that were given to me that I need to fit into.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          Lord Shiva:

Pekka made that joke already
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Safety bars are just nice in case something happens. I started using them for shrugs to save my knees too.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Seems like a good thread to ask. Any of you guys have to deal with that last stubborn bit of gut after losing weight? Lift all the time and it did wonders for muscle mass and general weight loss, but I can't get that last bit. It sucks because I know I have some abs under ther, just need to let them see the light of day.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                Seems like a good thread to ask. Any of you guys have to deal with that last stubborn bit of gut after losing weight? Lift all the time and it did wonders for muscle mass and general weight loss, but I can't get that last bit. It sucks because I know I have some abs under ther, just need to let them see the light of day.
                Whatever you are doing now, try something a little different.

Change the intensity of your cardio, have a cheat meal once a week, etc
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yeah, I guess I could switch from running to something else. I backed off on cardio alot because after meeting my original weight loss goals upper body mass was the next. Not quite where I want to be but getting there fast.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yeah I'm a bit like that. One day I want to put on weight as I feel small, the next day I want to cut further as I feel fat...oh well
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Well, it is not so much an overall gain or lose, I want to lose that last of my stubborn gut and continue to gain in upper body mass.

I just find it more effective to focus on one thing a time, and then maintain once you get it, and then move on to the next project.

Comment

• Unfortunately, IIUC, target fat loss is nearly impossible. You just need to keep working at losing overall body fat. Go heavy on compound exercises, esp. deadlifts and squats.

Also, choose your parents more carefully next time.

Comment

• cause they are lazy!!!!!!
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• It is my fault, was a skinny ****er in college and when my metabolism slowed down I didn't adapt my lifestyle accordingly. Now I am making up for it.

I am no fat ass, just want to lose five odd pounds off my mid section to actually show the results of the work I done with the muscles underneath.

I don't believe in target weight loss either, just curious what others have tired.

Comment

• I'm a fat ass

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I go mainly to gain muscle. I did gain about 5 pounds of muscle. But I also do cardio (though my knees don't like it much).

Comment

Working...
                                X