No announcement yet.

Congratulations, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thanks. I think I'll carry on posting here.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

When you boil it down to clinical detachment, the rationale behind retaining a royal family in a constitutional setting appears to come down to the following factors-

1- Cosy nostalgia
      2- Fear of taking responsibility
      3- Mildly voyeuristic interest in rather dull glitzy soap operas.
      4- A lingering genetic desire to be a genuflecting serf.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Yeah, I can see why. At least now you're being somewhat noticed. Albeit by way of a rather blatant threadjacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
          Lazarus and the Gimp, could you please confine your rambling postings to that gigantic ego trip you have going in the History Forum? You could even start 6-7 new threads on the historical aspects of monarchies, if you haven't already. Noone will laugh at you, I'm sure. At least not too loudly.
          Enough with the personal crap. Discuss the topic, NOT the posters.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So it's ok for him to storm in and try to jack the thread, but not for others to point it out?

Comment

Sure... you can point it out... and then post back on topic... but not in the way you did. You started insulting him...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

In civilized countries we don't have royalty. We don't consider people worth more than other people simply by virtue of being born in some "special" family. We don't worship people and we don't start threads to celebrate it.

Comment

Sure... you can point it out... and then post back on topic... but not in the way you did. You started insulting him...

Of course I did. In his usual petty little manner, he tried to turn this into a debate for or against monarchy, when it was specifically bumped for the occasion of the christening tomorrow, as should be quite obvious.

Virulently replying to a two months old post from an exchange that had clearly died out, and to which one was never a party in the first place, is not very becoming, least of all for a moderator. Or does this guy now have completely free rein to do as he pleases anywhere on the forums? If so, i think you'd better formally announce it to the rest of us.

Comment

Of course I did. In his usual petty little manner, he tried to turn this into a debate for or against monarchy, when it was specifically bumped for the occasion of the christening tomorrow, as should be quite obvious.

Virulently replying to a two months old post from an exchange that had clearly died out, and to which one was never a party in the first place, is not very becoming, least of all for a moderator. Or does this guy now have completely free rein to do as he pleases anywhere on the forums? If so, i think you'd better formally announce it to the rest of us.
                    Gee... last time I checked, a debate against monarchy, or other things like dumping on the US Government, arguing against some nations policies is NOT aginst the rules.

What is against the rules is personal insults...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

You're missing the point, Ming. The issue here is threadjacking.

But if he ceases, I will certainly not pursue it any further. How's that?

Comment

You're missing the point, Ming. The issue here is threadjacking.

But if he ceases, I will certainly not pursue it any further. How's that?
                        Uhhh... You are missing the point.
                        Personal insults are against the rules. A threadjack doesn't give you the right to make personal attacks.
                        You are the one in the wrong here.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

I've always insulted him personally, it's never been a problem.

But let it rest, I'm not insulting anybody as of this time of posting.

Comment

I've always insulted him personally, it's never been a problem.
                            Well... personal insults are a problem. So I highly recommend you don't continue doing so in the future. Because it is against the rules. People have been restricted this week for doing it, and many others have been warned via PM or in-thread... Just continuing that policy.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

No threadjacking happened in this thread. The first disturbance to the normal thread flow is post #30 in which Winston attempts to drive off another poster, like this thread was his or something

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                                No threadjacking happened in this thread. The first disturbance to the normal thread flow is post #30 in which Winston attempts to drive off another poster, like this thread was his or something
                                I said enough with the personal stuff... warning have been made. Discuss the topic and not the posters.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X