Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forced vasectomy: Does consenting to intercourse suspend a man's right over his body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced vasectomy: Does consenting to intercourse suspend a man's right over his body?

Quite an interesting question. I've been cogitating over this question recently.

Now, if a woman has sex with a man and gets pregnant, it's because the man having sex didn't have a vasectomy. In case of unwanted pregnancies leading to abortion, should the society force a vasectomy on the man, since logically he has suspended the right to a working penis by putting it within another body?

I am currently undecided on the question of unvoluntarily vasectomy because of this.

Opinions?

I believe the proper counterpoint (if we aren't being completely silly) is whether consent to sex suspends a man's right over his paycheck for the next 18 years .

Btw, as has been stated, copycat threads are not going to end well for your post count.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Eventis doesn't care about postcount.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Copycat or not, this thread accurately lampoons the utter inanity of the original's premise.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
          Copycat or not, this thread accurately lampoons the utter inanity of the original's premise.
          Some wouldn't exactly consider it inane... well, while making another point (men being told to "keep it in their pants" when they protest over their lack of choice in paying for a kid).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Aw, gee, the concept of being responsible for one's sperm...

Hey, if you don't want to run the risk, better beware of where you're putting it.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

If anyone is really, really worried, they should adhere to the old axiom, "Drop it in the rear and you're in the clear" or "Shoot it on her hills if you can't pay the bills"...
              Last edited by Timexwatch; April 18, 2007, 20:29.
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                I believe the proper counterpoint (if we aren't being completely silly) is whether consent to sex suspends a man's right over his paycheck for the next 18 years .
                If we presume that paychecks are part of the man's body, you're right.

This counterpoint is forcing a man to do something he doesn't want to do to his body. The completely accurate would be forcing man not to do to his body something the society doesn't want him to do. But I can't think of any after-sex action male should not do or it would be painful , so I settled with a slighly flawed comparison over a perfect one.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Hey, if you don't want to run the risk, better beware of where you're putting it.
                  Yes, that would be the pro-argument for anal sex and/or gay sex.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Yep, that's the point. If you don't want to run the risk of pregnancy, better beware what you are putting into 'it'.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yep, that's the point. If you don't want to run the risk of pregnancy, better beware what you are putting into 'it'.
                      Well, since it takes too, and child support orders typically cover half the support costs, while mommy typically does most of the grunt work and can't compel sperm-donor to show up and do any of the latter, it doesn't seem a particularly equitable solution for sperm-donor to say "sorry, not interested, it's all on you" and get away with it entirely.

If sperm-donor decides to carry the kid through pregnancy, then raise the kid, and hope to maybe collect half the cost of supporting the kid from runaway mommy, then maybe sperm-donor has some rights to be concerned about. 'Til then, it's too bad, so sad.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

it doesn't seem a particularly equitable solution for sperm-donor to say "sorry, not interested, it's all on you" and get away with it entirely

So give the woman all the power to decide simply because she does "most of the grunt work". How 'equitable' .

If the man says, "all on you", you do realize the woman can say "sorry, not interested" as well, right? It's called abortion.

Comment

Working...
                        X