Virginia Tech Massacre, Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    The guy at NASA apparently received a mediocre job review. AFAIK that means that he was totally incompetent, but for fear of a lawsuit his boss wrote that he was OK but not outstanding. The boss's superiors upon reading this would realize that the boss was really trying to say that the guy was totally incompetent.

From now on it's apparent that we're just going to have to whack people who mumble or are incompetant at their jobs.
    Population control.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lul Thyme

Irrelevant.
      Nobody is saying it should be illegal, just arguing that it maybe wasn't a good idea.
      Hardly irrelevant to the troll post to which I was responding.

If it wasn't played, you'd have a bunch of idiots whining about censorship, whether there was actual censorship by government, or just a decision by evil corporate whore media not to publish.

People like Manson, McVeigh, Jim Jones, Bundy and Koresh have all gotten more than their share of air time, but they haven't exactly spawned many copycats, so there's no real cause and effect link, just an opportunity for some people to troll and get attention, whether it's on this forum or another, or whether they're instant "experts" in the media.

Whevener there's lots of dead (except in third-world dumps lacking in resouces useful to the west), there's money to be made and attention to be had off the story.

Ghouls
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• You know, if this guy hadn't been able to get extended magazines many of his victims might have been able to flee as he reloaded. For that matter why not fix the standard magazine for semi-sutomatic pistols at 6 rounds?
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          You know, if this guy hadn't been able to get extended magazines many of his victims might have been able to flee as he reloaded. For that matter why not fix the standard magazine for semi-sutomatic pistols at 6 rounds?

this says he bought 10 round magazines. Which is the limit put forth during the Clinton administration. I bought my gun just before that law. I have 2 17 round magzines for my glock 17. . I could kill lots of people. . I think (I hope) that I'm grandfathered in, since I bought this gun before the law went into effect.

10 round clips aren't that much.

In any case, he could have just bought, and brought a whole bunch of clips. It doesn't take long to reload a clip. 2 seconds. maybe 3. The effect is the same.

And lowering it to 6 won't do much. If we go that far, why not lower it to 1? Or make it so you can only buy the old fashioned musket guns where you have to cram the stuff down the barrel yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

I wasn't talking about a Mobius strip.

Do you always take every word you read as precisely literal?
            Actually I do.
            In fact I put little markers like this :
            This is a stamp that means I am taking this literally and so should you.

Comment

Working...
            X