Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Bull-****ing-****.

He probably had a normal Asian childhood. Which is to say that it's very unlikely he was sexually molested, but rather his psyche was traumatized by the continual and utter repetition that he's a worthless failure and will never amount to anything, and that his parents have never been, are not now, and will never be, happy with him.

Oh, Asian parents. When those kids grow up and prove them wrong, the damage is already done.

And sometimes, they just snap.
    he most likely played a lot of piano.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      I can't fathom this Korean collective guilt thing.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/..._korean18.html
      thats a seattle thing. ultra pc bull****.
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

So what restrictions have been brought in on gun ownership yet? Obviously allowing people guns caused this.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          thats a seattle thing. ultra pc bull****.
          As I understood it, the Korean ambassador gave a teary-eyed heartfelt apology to the American people.

If I were Korean or a Korean immigrant, I'd be like "wtf, ambassador? Don't drag me into it. I didn't have anything to do with some crazy shooting up the joint."
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Absolutely agreed, Dan.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

As I understood it, the Korean ambassador gave a teary-eyed heartfelt apology to the American people.

If I were Korean or a Korean immigrant, I'd be like "wtf, ambassador? Don't drag me into it. I didn't have anything to do with some crazy shooting up the joint."
              the article you linked talked specifically about seattle.

Comment

Ohhh good lord, first its the "stooopid availability of guns that caused it" arguements, then its the "stoopid if only VT wasn't a gun free zone he coulda been stopped" arguements, now its "teh evil moovies wat ruinz our kidz" arguements

Copycat: Killer Re-Enacted Violent Film

Updated: 17:26, Thursday April 19, 2007
                Police investigating the Virginia Tech killings are looking at whether Cho Seung-Hui was copying parts of a violent film when he murdered 32 people.

Officers believe he repeatedly watched Oldboy as part of his preparation for the killing spree.

The film, which won the Grand Prix award at the 2004 Cannes film festival, has been described as "an ultra-violent movie of obsession and revenge".

It contains stylised scenes of killings and an attempted suicide, and is filled with what one critic called "punishing emotional violence".

Similar themes seem to have occurred in Cho's own writings.

The video, which Cho posted to an American TV network while carrying out his murderous rampage, appears to include photographs of Cho re-enacting scenes from the film.

He is shown holding a gun to his head and wielding a hammer, images that appear in the movie.

The fact that he seems to have been influenced by the film will re-ignite the debate over whether violence in movies and video games can lead to people becoming more violent themselves.

Cho's video diary, along with his collection of movies, writings and that fact that he bought a gun last month reveal that, rather than the killing spree being a spontaneous event, he had planned the massacre in advance.

:: See Sky News Online's in-depth coverage of the shootings.
                Linky
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

The "background check" (if it was actually done) was obviously pathetic.

-Arrian
                  The system broke down somewhere. And people died as a result.

Comment

Perhaps. On the other hand, this ******* may have been the type to break any system. I dunno.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                      it's kinda sad how far from the original topic we have wandered with all the personal attacks...
                      I agree. While it seems to have died down, I want to remind everyone that personal attacks are not ok, and quite frankly, there's no need. I will start taking action if people continue.

Originally posted by nostromo
                      Based on the *****'s so-called plays, a shrink now claims that he was sexually mollested when he was a kid.

I agree that he sounds like a ****ing moron in that clip. And WTF is he talking about when he says "I'm doing this for my children. for my sisters and brothers..."
                      Bypassing the autocensor is not ok, for any reason. I don't want to have to edit posts, so I don't want to be seeing this again.
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

In light of the above I presume cheap shots and unprovoked attacks such as:

Kuci doesn't really post anything meaningful anymore. Just unbacked one-liners which are usually personal attacks. And they're not even imaginative, when I stopped listening he had been using his standard "You are a tool" reply to different posters making different points (valid and unvalid) 6 times within two days.
                        will no longer be tolerated or does this fall under the guise of "mere observation."
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I loved the juxtaposition of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                            In light of the above I presume cheap shots and unprovoked attacks such as:

will no longer be tolerated or does this fall under the guise of "mere observation."
                            Exactly, although there were far worse comments posted in the last thread.

However, as always, if anyone has any moderation issues, please report posts or PM one of the mods. Let's get back on topic.
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                              Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              Threads like this can be be revelatory. I've been forced to reassess my overly generous assessment of the intelligence and maturity of several Poly posters.

You don't come to OT very often, do you?
                              Actually, I'm here quite a lot. I guess I've just been too generous in cutting some of the idiots here some slack.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Your not serious are you? Reaction to people of Islamic faith was and is surprisingly muted. Actually a credit to the sensibility of Americans and truth be told one of the few things Bush did right by urging restraint. The fact that a few (emphasis few) bigots are around is not the same as a governmental response.

A more appropriate response would be Japanese-American internment circa WW2.
                                They key to my post was:

"I'm not sure how either of those reactions compared to the korean reaction to the death of the two girls."

I cannot compare these backlashes as I know nothing about the manner or the degree to which south koreans went ape**** when two girls died in that traffic accident.

I agree that the 9/11 backlash was extremely muted by historical standards.

I thought the internment of japanese was too far back for the koreans to have that in mind but who knows, it's infamous and certainly koreans haven't forgotten other wwii era grievances.

Comment

Working...
                                X