Going without sleep,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going without sleep,

Planning to watch the cricket tonight so no sleep until 8 or 9am for me at the earliest.

How do you lot go about staying awake all night? I find it to be ok until 5 or 6 when it really hits me, so I take a coffee at 4 ish, take a nap until the caffiene sets in and go on until morning.

What are your techniques?

I find that being worried sick about the perpetual delays to our flat-buying project, while prices zoom up to way beyond our abillity to afford another one if this one collapses to be a highly effective way of not being able to sleep. :sob:

Comment

I am ok as long as I keep busy. If I get inactivity for about 5 or 10 minutes then I sometimes pass out. I don't really need caffeine for this either.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

You'll need strong coffee to overcome the narcoleptic effect of watching cricket.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Caffeine, high tempo music, occasional mild physical activity.

Comment

One of the exercises we did at the Royal Military College in Australia many moons ago was called Shaggy Ridge. Had two hours sleep per night, and six spoon fulls of food per day for four days. I can pretty much stay awake now for anything.
            "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
            "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

I just don't get in bed. If I have to pull an all-nighter for schoolwork I'll have a Coke or two.

Comment

With great pain...that is how...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I work shifts till 7am seven times every 6 weeks. The first one is the hardest, and still don't cope that well with them! Fortunately nights tend to be quietish.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Food manages to keep me awake. Just have some chips, cookies, fruit, whatever ready... and save some for the actual match

Comment

I use to work 7pm to 7am. I found the best way was to pace yourself on the food. the biggest problem is that your body is being fewled into being awake, and that the amount of energy you give it, or don't, will fewl it even more. Don't eat any food high in acidity to early and don't drink coffee to late. I use to eat something light for dinner, have something mild and high in sugar for lunch (apples, a baloney sandwhich, etc.), and then something heavier for breakfast. I would only drink caffine before midnight and would never, ever eat anything spicey before 4am.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X