Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans: Which Presidents from the other party do you admire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    James K. Polk is tough to top.
    I wanted Clay to win
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

edit screw it I keep changing my mind about the also rans

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
        Yeah, Andrew Johnson ran as Lincoln's VP in 1864. The Republicans in the North needed a Democratic face on the ticket to gain wider support, or else Lincoln might have lost reelection. Technically they ran under the name "National Union Party".
        Sounds like a plan for 2008.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Lincoln
          Theodore Roosevelt
          Eisenhower

The latter two of whom of whom, at least, would not be welcome in today's GOP.

Of course, I probably shouldn't count either Lincoln or TR since I probably wouldn't have been a Democrat before 1928. So I'd add Jefferson to the list.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

What if I dont have a party?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Then you're not popular and we don't care
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm not a Democrat, but since I trend left I'll pick some Repubs:

Bush I
                Eisenhower

and, far and away #1, possibly the best president ever: Teddy Roosevelt.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

What's "Other" party? I've not heard of them.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's the one Nader belongs to.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      What's "Other" party? I've not heard of them.
                      I've been confused about that too.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

I'm not for him. Well, I am for him, but not in a presidential type of capacity. He's ok and all, don't get me wrong. Nice guy. Just one of those things.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He's got great bumper stickers... I understand
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Johnson- hated in his day for going beyond his powers, but someone had to do it

FDR- pulled us out of the depression and lead us through most WWII

JFK- He lead the country great in the Cuban Missle Crises, which could've resulted in terrible disaster if someone else was leading. He could have done so much more if wasn't for Oswald.

I have a queston for Dems: WHER IS REAGAN ON YOUR LISTS?
                            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Um... not on it?
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Assuming I'm a democrat:

Nixon: Terribly underrated for some of the things he accomplished.

T.R.: Perhaps my favorite president

Lincoln: Well yeah.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X