Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still don't understand how this has much to do with gun control or the lack of it.

We can'¨t stop loonies from taking action like this in open societies.

The only thing that can be done is to somehow help these people if we can see that they have mental problems. If they seek help, you know, it's more effective to offer that help than to 'hide all guns' or 'give everyone a gun'. Both arguments, by the way, are ridiculous.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• the idea that a 100%+ increase in guns on campus (lets say going from 1 in 100 people having a gun on campus to having 1 in 5 have a gun on campus ) is going to cause 33 less deaths annually is laughable.

thats the problem with the idea of everyone having a gun. the few incidences of mass murders with guns doesnt outweigh the several individual murders that would occour with more guns.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
        Are you proposing that US citizens should have ready access to explosives and RPGs?

-Arrian
        Don't you have a Home Depot or something similar in your neighborhood?
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
          As Iraq shows an armed citizenry can resist even the most technological of foes.
          We're practically tiptoeing in Iraq compared to what the govt would be doing if it actually turned tyrannical.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Don't you have a Home Depot or something similar in your neighborhood?
            I prefer Lowes for my homemade explosives needs...

Point taken, though that does at least require a modicum of skill.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

Are you proposing that US citizens should have ready access to explosives and RPGs?
              I approve.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• For you gun rights enthusiats would you want me to have access to firepower on this scale........ I never looked into whether or not I could get a gun with the laws today hmm... maybe I should get a few arsanal of some sort that'll stop people from trying to take me away.........
                "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

We're practically tiptoeing in Iraq compared to what the govt would be doing if it actually turned tyrannical.
                  There's tiptoeing out of benevolence, and tiptoeing out of a desire not to push the majority of the population into open "nothing to lose" hostility. It's a little tougher being a foreign invader with all sorts of "soft" global interests.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn
                    For you gun rights enthusiats would you want me to have access to firepower on this scale........
                    It wouldn't bother me. If you become a problem, we can always take you out from 2km with a CheyTac M200.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• cool I want one of those, where can I buy one?

Comment

• They retail for about $14,000.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• damn I blew my wad on an alienware this year........ oh well.........

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                            There's tiptoeing out of benevolence, and tiptoeing out of a desire not to push the majority of the population into open "nothing to lose" hostility. It's a little tougher being a foreign invader with all sorts of "soft" global interests.
                            Exactly. If the govt were tyrannical and facing actual rebellion, they'd use force the civilian population would have no hope of effectively countering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorn
                              damn I blew my wad on an alienware this year........ oh well.........
                              Wouldn't that damage it? Or at least stain the case.

Comment

• like carpet bombing, WMDs, ect........ lovely stuff......... If only I could push the red button....... oh how much fun it is to push the red button...........

Comment

Working...
                                X