This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

I bet if you had a loaded gun in your hands and you were standing next to me right now, you'd be sorely tempted to use it...
    Waste of a bullet. I might be tempted for a second or two to kick your puerile little ass into the next century, then take a leak on you, but you're not even worth the relatively minimal effort, let alone granting you a fresh sense of victimhood to whine about.

Better to just leave you foaming at the mouth and ranting away with all the charm and relevance of a rabid toy poodle.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Watched CNN's extended interview with his roommates.

Apparently he was obsessed with Collective Soul's "Shine", which strikes me as very odd given what he did?

Give me a word
      Give me a sign
      Show me where to look
      Tell me what will I find
      Lay me on the ground
      Fly me in the sky
      Show me where to look
      Tell me what will I find
      Oh, heaven let your light shine down

Love is in the water
      Love is in the air
      Show me where to go
      Tell me will love be there
      Teach me how to speak
      Teach me how to share
      Teach me where to go
      Tell me will love be there
      Oh, heaven let your light shine down
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Strong gun control laws might work in a country in which there are few guns to start with, but in the US the cat is already out of the bag. And the downside to strong gun control laws is that the citizens have no defence if the govt turns tyrannical.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• So MtG, do you believe that a multitude of guns present on the campus could have avoided this ?

Or is it maybe safe to say that

1. Idiots must not carry guns
          2. You can not tell who is a possible idiot

So nobody should carry guns?

And going further on that, the only companies that are allowed to produce guns or amunition are the ones that deliver to the armed forces ?
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Ugh. I always liked that song...

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
              Strong gun control laws might work in a country in which there are few guns to start with, but in the US the cat is already out of the bag. And the downside to strong gun control laws is that the citizens have no defence if the govt turns tyrannical.
              Again, look at the ME... everybody owns guns, governements are tyranical.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                Ugh. I always liked that song...

-Arrian
                Me too.

Same with Dolly Parton...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I don't buy the "we need guns to protect us from the gummint" argument. As if a shotgun is going to stop the FBI, ATF, SWAT... or the Army.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• I like what Boortz said about this yesterday:

Let me ask you another question. In fact, let's set up a hypothetical situation. You're in a class full of people at a university. Let's say that there are 30 people in that room. A predator with a gun walks through the door. He shoots the professor, kills him. He then takes the remainder of the people in the room and lines them up against a wall. He then walks up to the first person and shots them in the head. Now ... let me allow you to change the scenario. We can freeze-frame this situation while you make a decision. Your decision is this: You can put a gun into the hands of one student or a professor in that room, or you can leave things exactly the way they are. What are you going to do? Come on now, let's have it. Which way do you want it? Do you want the predator to be the only one in the room with a gun? Or would you like to have at least the fighting chance that would result if one, maybe two of your classmates had a firearm.

Let's couch the argument a bit differently. Let's say you are the parent of a college student. You get a call from the campus police saying that your child is being held hostage in a classroom on the campus. The hostage-taker has a gun and has already shot one student. The police tell you that they have developed a plan whereby they are going to be able to sneak a gun into the hands of one of the students in the classroom, a student known to the police to be proficient in the use of a handgun. Before the police can take this step they need the unanimous consent of the parents of the students in that class. While you're thinking it over the hostage-taker executes another student. OK ... your decision. What do you say? Are you going to say "No, I don't want any of those students to be armed. I don't care how qualified they are with a gun." Or are you going to allow the gun to be passed to the student.

Now if your answer is that you would allow the gun to be passed to the student, they please explain your rational for the position that the student in question should not have been permitted to have a gun in the first place with a concealed carry permit?

Comment

• What a ridiculous argument.

If you had an armed student body, you'd have more deaths from gunshots on campus EVEN IF the above scenario worked (crazed gunman gets taken down by armed students), because college kids + guns + beer = lots of accidents.

-Arrian

Comment

• "Now if your answer is that you would allow the gun to be passed to the student, they please explain your rational for the position that the student in question should not have been permitted to have a gun in the first place with a concealed carry permit?"

I hope this kid isn't a college graduate.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• "sneak a gun to a student" what is this, a movie? Thats a stupid theoretical from both ends.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis

Again, look at the ME... everybody owns guns, governements are tyranical.
                            Can you direct me to some information regarding gun ownership in the ME?

Comment

• Where's the "hypothetical situation" where I get to remove the gun from the psycho?

-Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                                I don't buy the "we need guns to protect us from the gummint" argument. As if a shotgun is going to stop the FBI, ATF, SWAT... or the Army.

-Arrian
                                Having an armed citizenry makes it a hell of a lot more difficult. You go ahead and trust in the beneficence of government, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Comment

Working...
                                X