Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its only because i have a place in my heart for 2nd gen asians that i toy with you.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• And I think you all need to discuss the topic and not the posters....
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
        Me? Born and raise in America.
        You born and raise in Amelica? Me born and raise in New Zeerand.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• The perps name was Cho Seung-Hui, age 23, an English Lit major who had lived in the US for 15 years (that's 2/3rds of his life), but is being referred as still having been a South Korean citizen at the time of the shooting. There is a report that he had been on anti-depressants in the past and had recently become more agitated.

I think we should develop an electronic defeat switch for guns. The police and certain private security agencies would have control of the codes. Public places like schools, universities, malls, theaters and etc. would continually emit the master code. A homeowner could have the code emitted in his home with a bypass for his own weapon. Police weapons would also have a bypass, but would send information to a central location whenever fired. Heck, all weapons would be equipped to broadsast information whenver fired. Possession of a weapon not fitted for this equipment would be a felony.
          (DS ducks and waits for the response.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• The engineering professor is the Hero of the day

What a life, what a way to go.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
              He wrote violent plays. Ban writing.

http://newsbloggers.aol.com/2007/04/...ng-huis-plays/
              He was irated with rich kids. Ban rich kids.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                The perps name was Cho Seung-Hui, age 23, an English Lit major who had lived in the US for 15 years (that's 2/3rds of his life), but is being referred as still having been a South Korean citizen at the time of the shooting. There is a report that he had been on anti-depressants in the past and had recently become more agitated.

I think we should develop an electronic defeat switch for guns. The police and certain private security agencies would have control of the codes. Public places like schools, universities, malls, theaters and etc. would continually emit the master code. A homeowner could have the code emitted in his home with a bypass for his own weapon. Police weapons would also have a bypass, but would send information to a central location whenever fired. Heck, all weapons would be equipped to broadsast information whenver fired. Possession of a weapon not fitted for this equipment would be a felony.
                (DS ducks and waits for the response.
                Do you think fear of a felony would have stopped Cho Seung-Hui?
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• He was psychotic, so no need to tell him. Let him find out on his own when he enters the dormitory and pulls the gun he just bought, then nothing happens when he pulls the trigger.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Wow! As soon as I heard he was Korean, I thought, "How long until Q cubed brings race into this?"

So:

While the some South Korean officials expressed sympathy, they added that they hoped that this incident won't bring about racial hatred against South Korean. This made me wonder what would happen in South Korea if a white American in the country went on a killing spree.

This also reminded me of a Chinese boss I had who constantly made racial comments to me as if I was a priest pardoning her sins. Boy, she didn't like Mexicans. But she also told me that white people were disturbed and that's why they go on so many killing sprees. I didn't point out to her that in China, killing sprees occur more often. Of course, they do less damage because they don't have easy access to guns.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Heh, DaShi. I only brought it in to point out how ridiculous politicizing it is.

As far as a white person in SK... you can bet there would be a huge backlash. They're... hyperactive there. Crazy people.
                      B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        He was psychotic, so no need to tell him. Let him find out on his own when he enters the dormitory and pulls the gun he just bought, then nothing happens when he pulls the trigger.
                        That's the big takeaway, and that's what this discussion should be about. None of this "gun control would have stopped this" bull****, none of this, "violent games and rap music" bull****.

The guy was just plum crazy. Isn't that enough for people these days?
                        B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
                          Wow! As soon as I heard he was Korean, I thought, "How long until Q cubed brings race into this?"

So:

While the some South Korean officials expressed sympathy, they added that they hoped that this incident won't bring about racial hatred against South Korean. This made me wonder what would happen in South Korea if a white American in the country went on a killing spree.

This also reminded me of a Chinese boss I had who constantly made racial comments to me as if I was a priest pardoning her sins. Boy, she didn't like Mexicans. But she also told me that white people were disturbed and that's why they go on so many killing sprees. I didn't point out to her that in China, killing sprees occur more often. Of course, they do less damage because they don't have easy access to guns.
                          i do know that the japanese don't like american marines and sailors raping their women. every time it happens, there is a push to remove the bases from okinawa. xenophobia is just commone everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
                            Wow! As soon as I heard he was Korean, I thought, "How long until Q cubed brings race into this?"

So:

1. Dude, the chinese HATE mexicans almost laughably. except when one my best friends jon, started dating one. that shut his mom up.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I hate to say it. But gun control would have worked here. ie- no guns are legal at all.

If he did not have access to guns he would have used a knife. He would have got his girlfriend, that's about it.

Comment

• perhaps if he had a real major, he wouldn't have done this. I figured he was an engineering student since that's will most of the killing were if I read the news correctly. He knew he had no future as an english lit major. I know I shouldn't joke. Whether I joke or not will not bring those people back.

Having the goverment remove all guns from this country will be a first step. Yeah the black market will exist. Criminals will have guns. But law abiding citizens like this guy (well, he was law abiding up until the end ), will not have guns.

Comment

Working...
                                X