No Metallica for You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Metallica for You!

Apparently, the Swedish National Tax Board controls what Swedes can name their children. A couple petitioned the board to allow them to name their daughter Metallica. The board rejected the request and now they have to come up with another name.

It seems pretty amazing that a government board is allowed to dictate what Swedish citizens are allowed to name their children. On the other hand, parents who want to name their daughter Metallica makes me think that Sweden needs to license parenthood too.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

So what you're doing is supporting both sides, to be safe? That's the ACS attitude I've grown to know and love.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think it's okay that governments control to an extent what parents name their children. I have seen some examples of what parents have tried to name their children, and some of them could easily make the child prone to bullying. Like "Troll", "Pule"(you know, what parents do. Idiotic parents. )
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          some of them could easily make the child prone to bullying. Like "Troll", (you know, what parents do. Idiotic parents. )
          Ouchie

Our children would make great normal looking people who would simply blend in to society
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Oh God, Gramps. Why? I can leave the question at that, and you can have no doubt what I'm asking of you.

Why?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Oh God, Gramps. Why? I can leave the question at that, and you can have no doubt what I'm asking of you.

Why?
              Philophically speaking it breaks down to more of WHY NOT more so than why.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Philophically speaking it breaks down to more of WHY NOT more so than why.

why not post meaningless spam all day instead of the planned, well thought-out posts I usually make? . One is more visually appealling than the other is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

why not post meaningless spam all day instead of the planned, well thought-out posts I usually make? . One is more visually appealling than the other is the answer.
                  No, thats your answer, not mine thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X