Israel and Palestine - debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel and Palestine - debate

About solutions of course. It is only fair to say and an accurate truth, that picking up on the past won't help or fix the situation. Conclusion, things need to be future oriented.

I'm watching some debate on this issue, some Israelis and Palestinians debating, it's still going on.

So the issue in this debate is the right to return for Palestinians, return to Israel. So the Palestinian side says this is what they need, this is important. THe Israeli side says it is important and why not, it's not necessarily a bad idea.

Note: These aren't official opinions of the two sides, just some dudes in suits.

So the right to return, I never considered it but it's an interesting thought. THat is, if Israel lets Palestinians return and have equal rights, it also might mean the change of the political structure, as Likud could be forming the government with Hamas. So they say this is the way they see it can work, side by side, equal.

So this is a very interesting scenario. So they claim that it is comparable to apartheid at the moment, and the Palestinians can't have a real decision making or self governance as long as Isreal controls things that matters, this would mean check points etc.

So assume this is descriptive of the situation from one side, but the notion that Palestinians should have the right to return and guaranteed equal rights with, for example Hamas getting power inside Israel and within.... I mean, that sounds something unrealistic. If I was in charge of any kind of security in Israel, I'd say over my dead body. Why? Because the terrorists have shown tendencies, that they won't stop. So, you'd be letting in mostly decent folks and giving them power, but at the same time, the terrorist infiltration would be reality, and I don't see them stopping no matter what.

So. Even though demands for equal rights in a country that some were expelled from seems proper and rightful, at the same time it's simply not realistic. What do you think?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Speak of the devil

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Re: Israel and Palestine - debate

Originally posted by Pekka
      it's simply not realistic.
      QFT

Pekka,
      it will never happen IMHO...
      these two peoples HATE eachother...
      they will ALWAYS continue to do so until the end...of...whatever...
      Its like locking 2 arch enemies in the same room for 100+ years and expect them not to kill eachother...
      VERY unrealistic and stupid...
      a terrible situation
      piece

BTW...
      :beer:
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I don't know if they hate each other, but certain sections in those sides have strong feelings. So, while I understand the hopes for this thing, it is unrealistic and as such demanding it and throwing compromises out is not the same as fighting apartheid. While apartheid was a cause worth fighting for, adn Palestinians do have rights as well that are not yet taken cared of and they're in a mess, what they need is compromises first.

To demand the lowered security of people is not something that is reasonable. Plus, these kinds of decisions would have irreversible effects on security issues, so as such, motion denied. Sorry.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka,
          i fully understand the gravity of the situation...
          terrible indeed...
          yet sometimes, you must let mother nature take its course...
          and let them fight...
          i know this sounds barbaric and wrong... but just let them do whatever natural selection deems necessary...
          I am actually SICK of the USA sticking our nose in Israels buisness...
          THAT is a number 1 reason we are so hated in the mid east (besides Bush)...
          let them do whatever... no USA, no UN, no nothing...
          thats what I say...
          :beer: and piece
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Before any lasting peace is to be found between those people, I'm afraid the apocalypse is quite near...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              Before any lasting peace is to be found between those people, I'm afraid the apocalypse is quite near...
              Now he's going to post here with something like "Yes I am"
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Who, Apocaypse? Nah, I meant an entirely different event.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                X