X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh...

Whatever happened to free speech?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

wtf PLATO?

Comment

Don't get me wrong Kuci. There is definately deplorable language that should not be used (and this is most definately among it), but everybody needs to quit coming unglued when someone says something stupid.

Between celebrity rehab, the conservative attack on rap, and the Imus firing I have just been overwhelmed by how "sensitive" the country has become.

Yeah...the "N" word should not be part of anybody's vocabulary...but if it is, then everybody should keep from going crazy about it.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
          Between celebrity rehab, the conservative attack on rap, and the Imus firing I have just been overwhelmed by how "sensitive" the country has become.
          cute... i have known this for a long time...
          the USA is in big trouble...
          because it will politically correct itself...
          to DEATH!
          piece
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

The Apolyton racist brigade barges in and blames the victim. Good work guys.
            I thought that since the 12 first posts were pointing out the obvious, that whoever made the tag is an idiot, it was ok to comment on a sidepoint that I believe this is not the right way to educate children. (I'm guessing those are the "victims" you are talking about as I didn't mention them)

I guess that makes me a racist brigader.

I take it, as a non-racist, you believe the right thing to do is to give lists of words to kids and tell them that they SHOULD feel bad if they get called or even read any of these words, anywhere (which is what happened in the story).

Comment

Whatever happened to free speech?
              A customer was offended by the product, she called the company who did jack until the press got in on it. The supplier in China will either voluntarily remove the labels, or others will voluntarily not purchase the offensive product. I don't see where free speech is being lost.

I thought that since the 12 first posts were pointing out the obvious, that whoever made the tag is an idiot, it was ok to comment on a sidepoint that I believe this is not the right way to educate children. (I'm guessing those are the "victims" you are talking about as I didn't mention them)
              You'll note I didn't quote your post. In the past you've been reasoned and sane, so I figured there had to be an explanation.

But when it's boiled down, MRT is asking her not to be offended at something that is rightly offensive. He's shifting the fault from the company that produced the furniture to the woman, yes, victim.

I take it, as a non-racist, you believe the right thing to do is to give lists of words to kids and tell them that they SHOULD feel bad if they get called or even read any of these words, anywhere (which is what happened in the story).
              Now I don't know what you're trying to do. Are you trying to set up a false dilemma or come in and say that I'm a PC nazi? Chill, man. Peace
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

You are a PC nazi.

Comment

Working...
                X