Negro Brown! A new Color!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dis
    I don't believe it because I can't imagine the daughter never heard the word before. Although the star, if she's in England, perhaps she never did hear the word before. The story still seems fishy to me.
    She's in Canada.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I, too, think this was just engrish at work. Would any businessperson knowingly choose a label that would offend a customer? I don't think so. In all likelihood, "******" is just how they're used to thinking of black people (who can't be all that common in China), due to the prevalence of the word in rap videos and other cruddy pop culture we export over there. Combined with their natural ignorance of the strained state of race relations over here, and it's a natural choice: robin's-egg blue, sunset red, ****** brown. Why not?

Or, alternatively: "'******' is trendy word for black! Will help sell with hip urban crowd! We call line 'gansta cribware!'"

And before anyone asks, yes, I've seen Rush Hour. That was the best part of that movie...
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
        whats worse is teaching the daughter that about the negativity of the word and perpetuating the outrage and idiocy of slurs.
        I also thought something similar.
        Why teach your kids that "you should feel bad when somebody says such and such"?
        My parents taught me not to worry about what people call you, and I'm glad they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme

I also thought something similar.
          Why teach your kids that "you should feel bad when somebody says such and such"?
          My parents taught me not to worry about what people call you, and I'm glad they did.
          its also in how they taught the daughter i suppose
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
            What is wrong with her eyebrows?
            They appear to be shaven off, and then drawn, with a pencil, slightly higher than originally.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

It must be a light sofa, its gross weight is my weight.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

should of gone with naphead-brown...
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  This might be an example of "Engrish".

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                    It must be a light sofa, its gross weight is my weight.

OR...
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The...the Chinese are LAUGHING at us! LAUGHING I tell you!

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Look on the bright side...the sofa matches the owner's skin colour perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                          Combined with their natural ignorance of the strained state of race relations over here
                          Those poor, poor people. If only they knew the joys of diversity.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                            whats worse is teaching the daughter that about the negativity of the word and perpetuating the outrage and idiocy of slurs.
                            Good point.

Comment

Couldn't find any sheep last night mate?

Comment

I keep thinking that she looks like she might be cute.

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X